View Single Post
Old 26-Jan-2012, 5:11 PM   #6
phone man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJedi View Post
[B]Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I tried reading the terrain map for the station but I don't understand which side is supposed to me my location and which is supposed to be the tower.
Regarding the terrain map.. The tower is on the left and your location is on the right.

Glad to hear you found a location that worked better for your antenna. I had a similar experience with a 4 bay antenna inside an apartment. At 35 miles from the broadcast towers, antenna placement was extremely important. Moving the antenna just a couple feet one way or the other made a big difference and would at times only affect only one channel.

Not to stir up any additional issues but if your problem resurfaces, you might try bypassing the Tivo Premiere and connecting directly to your TV to see if you can duplicate the problem. I have a Tivo Premiere which I use for OTA only and it works beautifully, no problems at all. However, some people living in multipath prone environments report signal fluctuation and drop outs with their Tivo Premier compared to previous Tivo units or their TV tuner.
I use a splitter to feed both the Tivo and TV so I can change input settings and go directly to the TV tuner if both the Tivo tuners are in use. This also allows me to compare tuners quickly

Last edited by phone man; 26-Jan-2012 at 5:21 PM.
phone man is offline   Reply With Quote