View Single Post
Old 18-Jan-2012, 5:37 PM   #3
Badfish740

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
Lacking local knowledge of the NYC market, I presume WNYC-Fox is the primary focus at the moment. If I've got that right, then
I think you mean WNYW-5 (In the New York market it's channel 5 on cable and satellite), buried way down in the grey area. Other NYC priority channels would be WNBC-4 (slightly higher on the list than WNYW), WCBS-2 (higher still), and finally WABC-7 which seems to be the most receivable of all. This is convenient since its the local news we watch already. If I can pull that in without a problem consistently that will be half the battle. The Philadelphia channels seem like they'll come in with no problem. There is of course a Philadelphia Fox affiliate (WXTF-29) so I could try to tune into that on Sundays as well if the Giants are playing.

Quote:
I'd expect you to need every bit of gain you can find... the Antennas Direct 91XG, Winegard HD9032 & HD9095 fit that description. The excellent VHF performance of the HD8200 is noted, but you get three to four dB less UHF gain compared to the three UHF antennas listed.
Ok, bear with me as I'm new at this. So the HD8200U will do fine with the VHF stations but not so great with the UHF stations. UHF is of course important to me since both Fox affiliates are UHF. The price is right on all three as are the dimensions. The only issue I see now is the fact that I would still need a VHF antenna capable of both High and Low VHF in order to pick up the other "low hanging fruit" (WABC-7 NY and WPVI-6 PHL)-what do you recommend for that?

Quote:
The Antennas Direct CPA-18 and CPA-19 have lower noise-figure specifications than their brand name competitors. The Kitztech line of amplifiers are even better. http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=905
Thanks for the info-I will check those out.

Quote:
It's possible too, that you could find yourself considering a dual or quad stack of these large antennas. http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=1024
So you're saying that to get optimal reception I might need to stack two UHF antennas to increase their gain AND stack two VHF antennas as well? That will be a interesting one to try to sell to the wife Here's a crazy idea-what if I stacked two HD8200Us?
Badfish740 is offline   Reply With Quote