View Single Post
Old 8-Jan-2010, 3:35 PM   #12
mtownsend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipfaced View Post
I built this antenna while doing my homework to buy a "real" antenna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDRoTujiAw8
Just so you know, that antenna works pretty well for UHF channels, but does not do a good job with VHF channels. This means that it's not going to be very sensitive on channel 11, WESH (NBC). If you are getting WESH now, I'd say you're lucky.

Quote:
Some 5-6 of these channels are useless of course but the networks are there including NBC which I thought was out of the question? Why do we pick up Naples to the SW ... using Google earth it looks to be about 135 miles away??
Can you tell what is the callsign and channel number is for the NBC station you're picking up? WESH (RF 11 / 11.1) serves the Orlando area and is the closest NBC affiliate at about 70 miles away. WPTV (RF 12 / 5.1) serves West Palm Beach and is about 83 miles away. WBBH (RF 15 / 20.1) serves Naples and is about 105 miles away. WTVJ (RF 31 / 6.1) serves Miami and is about 125 miles away.

Are you sure you're picking up channels from Naples (~105 miles away)? It's usually very difficult to get channels reliably from so far away. Are you still getting those channels today?
mtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote