View Single Post
Old 19-Dec-2011, 4:12 PM   #1
ChrisAntennahead

Cool Signal Strength Indicator Behavior On "Fringe" Channels

Location/Signal: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...4033f6f24debd5

Setup:
AC HBU-55 mounted facing 226deg south west as per the above resume. 50' of RG6 from antenna bridged to former cable TV drop(10' RG6) which runs into house to my CM-7000 D/A convertor box.

Issue:
On what I call "fringers" - channels that do not indicate 100% signal strength on the CM-7000 meter the signal strength goes up and down violently(for lack of better term.) IE: WLIW 21 within a few second timespan it may go from 60% to 20 to 50 to 10 to 65 back down to 30%.(It seldom blacks out, but this meter behavior is unnerving!) By the way I fully accept and can understand *some* movement on fringe channel strength levels - if it bounced up and down all the time 60 to 50 to 60 percent that's what you'd expect.

The cables by eye appear to be in new or reasonable condition and all connections are tight. Standoff loops are employed by the cable going down the mast.

The "roller-coastering" signal strength indication is irrespective of the temperature or weather, and it doesn't matter if it's calm outside or gale force. This condition has persisted as long as I have had my setup as described above. Those channels that are 100%(CBS, NBC, Fox, ABC7, My9, CW11 etc) stay 100% practically all the time regardless of wind or precip.

Thanks for any help/suggs you can lend me!

Last edited by ChrisAntennahead; 19-Dec-2011 at 4:19 PM.
ChrisAntennahead is offline   Reply With Quote