Thread: Antenna Help
View Single Post
Old 5-Oct-2011, 12:17 PM   #12
Snogoers

Antenna Help

Thanks for all the feedback! I appreciate the info. I like the idea of the one antenna if it will work. Would it be OK to hook up antenna cable to existing satellite cable runs? The former owner had Direct TV set up there. The post is in the front right of the house. It has 4 cables running to the cabin which split off to the respective area. They are grounded on a block within the utility closet within the cabin. Or would it be best to run the antenna cable directly into the cabin into the utility closet and then hook up to existing cable?

As I had indicated, I will probably have 2 TV's. One is in the cabin and the other is in the room above the garage.

I believe I will look at using the eave mount on the back side of the house. I should then look for a mast that would set the antenna 5 foot or so about the peak? I'm guessing the peak is roughly 25 foot off the ground as the interior vaulted ceiling is around 23 - 24'.

I'm hopeful that this will work out as most comments from people up there are that antenna's won't give you much.

Thanks again!
Snogoers is offline   Reply With Quote