TV Fool

TV Fool (http://forum.tvfool.com/index.php)
-   Help With Reception (http://forum.tvfool.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   HD 8200u is it to MUCH with a channel master 7777amp (http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=16012)

rabbit73 9-Jul-2016 3:09 AM

No, don't stack two HD8200U antennas, just use one.

I think stacking two would create more problems than it is worth, but the final decision is up to you. It is your money and your antenna system.

Nascarken 9-Jul-2016 3:38 AM

Ok thanks again rabbit 73 , so one antenna, and the filters you suggested, and what do you think of the channel master, F m filter, and I have a cellphone tower about two foot ball field's from me, and the Fire Departments antennas are on top of the cellphone tower,what tipe of filter do I need for that mess,well thank you for your time and help Rabbit 73,

rabbit73 10-Jul-2016 1:17 AM

Channel Master doesn't make, as far as I now, a separate FM filter, but there is an FM filter in the 7777 and 7778. They do make a separate LTE filter for cell phone interference.

To see if you have interference from other services, you would need a spectrum analyzer, which is expensive.

Otherwise, it is trial-and-error to see what helps if you have an interference problem.

Cell phone transmitters use different frequencies according to what carrier is in your area. Some use frequencies just above TV CH51; others use higher frequencies that cause less interference to TV reception.

Nascarken 10-Jul-2016 1:25 AM

Hoo has a L T E fillter and thanks again rabbit 73 for the come back,well have a good day t ip

rabbit73 10-Jul-2016 2:56 AM

http://www.channelmaster.com/TV_Ante..._p/cm-3201.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4G-LTE_filter

GroundUrMast 10-Jul-2016 3:17 AM

FWIW, A serach for "LTE filter" at Amazon yeilds a few additional options.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...rds=lte+filter

Nascarken 10-Jul-2016 11:53 AM

Is there a way to make a all in one fillter, that does all f m and .l t e. in to one fillter,73 rabbit 73,Thank you for all of your help p,s Picturers will come soon, thanks again everyone and have a good day

Tigerbangs 19-Jul-2016 10:21 PM

For some inexplicable reason, Southbridge is a terrible place for TV reception. I have done a couple of installations in the area, always with limited success. Boston is the most likely reception target. It is all UHF, and the transmitters are are on very tall towers and are very powerful, so an HD8200 is a waste if you are looking primarily for Boston.

If you want Providence, WPRI and WNAC are on channels 13 and 12, respectively. There are NO low band VHF stations anywhere in the area, so, again, there is NO value using an HD8200. You would be better off using a high-band VHF yagi and a high-gain UHF antenna like an AntennasDirect 91XG or a DB8e and a rotator. Use a preamplifier only if you are running very long lines and/or multiple TV sets.

You don't need to make this harder than it is: Boston is your best bet. I know how hard any kind of reception in Southbridge is: I can barely even get any FM radio reception when I am in Southbridge.

Nascarken 19-Jul-2016 11:02 PM

We'll Tiger bangs you Finley COME out of the woods or woodwork,so I have been looking for the best,right now a z z we speak,at 45Ft high a g l 45,High VHF by STELLAR LABS #30-2476,and AT 30Ft high underneath the VHF,17,channels,UHF 3channel's for right now no ROTOR HOOKED UP yet,with a Johansson amplifier kit that has one vhf in at 30:DB and one uhf in at 40,DB,the uhf antenna is a solid signal HDB 91XG,NOW I did not BUY that 8200u,instead I bought a ANTENNACRAFT MXV 5100 SERIES VHF,and a ANTENNACRAFT,3BY17,At,90Ft high,witch one should I use,with the,2,91XG,STACKED side BY,AT 85Ft high A G L 45,glad that you can help me out with this mess,I want to get into the DXING TV hobby and RADIO,well THANK you,Tiger bangs and have a good day

Tigerbangs 19-Jul-2016 11:19 PM

Not to be flippant, but if you want fo DX, get out of Southbridge:it's a terrible place to DX anything! You can't get a tower high enough to DX from that location!

Nascarken 20-Jul-2016 2:36 AM

We'll at 90 Ft high should be able to get c t STATE with the ANTENNACRAFT MXV 5100,with the 2,HDB91x stacked vertical at the 90 Ft A G L, 45,with a Johansson amplifier kit that has one vhf in,at 30,DB,and 2 uhf in 40+40DB Gain

Nascarken 20-Jul-2016 4:19 AM

We'll then I will do plain 1,the first was 2,high gain vhf by,STELLAR LABS#30-2476,stagger vertical stack,with the HDB 91XG,2,Horizontal STACKED SIDE by side,at 90Ft,high, zip code is good,01550,Tvfool REPORT,

bobsgarage 20-Jul-2016 12:03 PM

O s'm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabbit73 (Post 55498)
Now that I have shown you some interesting images and done all that hard math, maybe you will reward me by telling me what this means::)

Nascarken,

Good Morning.

What is O S' M?

I see you use it in your posts.

Thanks!

Nascarken 21-Jul-2016 12:38 AM

A s m ANTENNACRAFT with a channel master 7777amp

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsgarage (Post 55598)
Nascarken,

Good Morning.

What is A, S' M?

I see you use it in your posts.

Thanks!

A S M radio operator!!

Nascarken 21-Jul-2016 12:53 AM

Ok Tiger bangs LET'S for get about the DXING, EVEN IF THE ANTENNA IS 90Ft high? And you no what I have for antennas,what do I need a DB8,STACK them 4,WAYS?

bobsgarage 21-Jul-2016 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nascarken (Post 55608)
A S M radio operator!!

O S M means A S M radio operator?

Nascarken 21-Jul-2016 12:11 PM

Yes sorry for the miss print A S M NOT O'S M THANKS FOR THE INFO AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

bobsgarage 26-Jul-2016 12:01 PM

O s'm means Awesome !?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nascarken (Post 55611)
Yes sorry for the miss print A S M NOT O'S M THANKS FOR THE INFO AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

Finally! the answer we have been waiting for!

From Nascarken:

Quote:

A,,,,,S.,,,,,m,,,,,,,,

That is what it means AWESOME '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Not O S M??????????????????????????''

Thanks for the message Ken. I would have never figured it out.