TV Fool

TV Fool (http://forum.tvfool.com/index.php)
-   TV Fool Discussion / Database Updates (http://forum.tvfool.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ckem-dt (http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=647)

FreeJAC 13-Aug-2010 7:36 PM

Ckem-dt

Gents CKEM-DT out of Edmonton is operational but does not show up on on the address checker.

TRN_Diesel 13-Dec-2012 11:34 PM

I have an old TV upstairs and had to purchase a DTA-1030 - Access HD 1080D, Over-Air Digital-Analog Tuner Converter box. This works great and picks up a all seven channels near me. When I check the reception on the TV running the HD Access box it shows 100%. French CBC is at 87% signal strength.

CBXFT-DT 47
CJEO-DT 44
CBXT-DT 42
CKES-DT 30
CFRN-DT 12
CITV-DT(1) 13
CKEM-DT 17

However, when I use the latest software for WinTV ver 7 with my Hauppauge HVR-1250 with all the latest drivers for Windows 7 it misses two channels on the scan. The channels missing are CKEM-DT Channel 17 and CJEO-DT Channel 44.

In Windows media center is only picks up two channels CBC and Global. Anyone else having these issues?

FreeJAC 14-Dec-2012 1:02 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the world of digital OTA. Do you know the site digitalhome.ca? There is a section on there for OTA TV. To answer your question though, The channel scans missing channels unfortunately does seem to happen. I have an HVR-2200 and a 950q. The 950 seems to be a bit more sensitive and seems to be a bit more accurate when scanning. Luckily in Windows Media Center, you can manually add missing stations. Settings => TV => Guide => Add Missing Channels. You will need to know the digital tv channel, for CKEM its 17.1 and then the frequency tv fool is showing 17 for that as well, however I dont think that is correct. Let me check my notes. Here we go this should help.

CFRN-DT 3.1 Virt 12.1 Real Freq. 12

CBXT-DT 5.1 Virt 42.1 Real Freq. 42

CBXFT-DT 11.1 Virt 47.1 Real Freq. 47

CITV-DT 13.1 Virt 13.1 Real Freq. 13

CKEM-DT 17.1 Virt 17.1 Real Freq 17 (this wasn’t the case before it was like ch 51)

CKES-DT 30.1 Virt 30.1 Real Freq 30

CJEO-DT Virt 56.1 44.1 Real Freq 44

P.S. I thought the scan issues only happened with media center, but it looks like WinTV has the issue too. Could be the sensitivity of the card.

I hope this helps see you at digitalhome

EDIT. Looks like CityTV is mapping back at 51-1 so you may need to try 51.1 with freq. of 51.

J0dest3r

TRN_Diesel 15-Dec-2012 1:06 AM

Awesome thanks so much. I did not realize you could add channels manually in WME 7.0, this helps me a great deal.

I redid the ssna and now it has CityTV Channel 17.1. Weird how it sees it some times and not alll the time.

Thanks for the link I will certainly be visitng the site.

Thanks again.

TRN_Diesel 26-Dec-2012 2:11 PM

FreeJac

I have successfully added the missing channels thanks to you in Windows Media Center (WMC) but have failed to add OMNI - CJEO-DT.

CJEO-DT Virt 56.1 44.1 Real Freq 44 has this information changed? It seems to not want to work in WMC but I did a rescan with my Access HD TV converter box (Model DTA 1030D) and it now picked up CJEO. SO I know they are broadcasting but when I try to manually add the channel in WMC it will not work.

Any ideas?