TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 7-May-2014, 4:55 AM   #1
Souptown

An antenna for my dad

I've been happily without cable for over a year and half. Thanks TV Fool! Now my dad is considering giving Comcast the boot. He went out and bought the first antenna he found, without doing any research. It's an amplified antenna with two outputs. Trouble is he wants to use it with 3 to four TVs. Can you please recommend an alternative? I assume he'd need a distribution amp.

Here's his location information:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c68c0cb361c8

TIA.
Souptown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7-May-2014, 6:15 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

Has he installed the antenna? If so, does it produce reliable reception of the stations he desires? If so, simply install a splitter.

If not, then return the amplified antenna and replace it with a Winegard HD7694P or Antennacraft HBU-33... Pointed at about 305° to start with.

Mount outdoors, clear of obstructions, including the roof and any other part of the house.

Try this with no amplifier. Use a passive splitter.

Perform this test during the installation: http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=13646 If the need for an amplifier is proven, simply add a Channel Master CM-3410 between the antenna and splitter.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-May-2014, 2:12 AM   #3
Souptown

The antenna is already up. I'll aim it as you suggested and give it a test. If it doesn't work satisfactorily, I'll go with one of the antennas you mentioned. Thanks for the info!
Souptown is offline   Reply With Quote