TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 31-Jan-2012, 9:40 PM   #1
saline

Choosing a indoor antenna

Condo indoor antenna advice needed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

I live in a building on the 7th floor with no line of sight (facing North) and boxed in by 2 extension of the building from the East/West and even a little bit from the North. The building has no balcony so I'm stuck with using the antenna indoor.

Have tried using the Terk HDTVa (8-12 channels), rabbit ears with amp (5-12 channels) but having limited success as some channels would cut off quite often and I have to move the directional antennas to get different sets of channels. Have also tried the omni-directional antenna Channel Master 3000A which only got me 2 channels.

Looking to get the following channels consistently without moving the antenna VHF CH 9, UHF 41, 47, 53 and maybe 64.

Would the winegard FV-HD30 or the Antenna Direct DB2 help in my situation? What type of antenna do you guys recommend for my situation or am I stuck with cable?

Here is my report from TV fools

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...0b868554d4931a

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 1-Feb-2012 at 2:58 PM. Reason: repaired broken TVFR link
saline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-Feb-2012, 4:59 PM   #2
Electron

Tv antennas and Tv reception

No balcony , no windows on the south side , in the middle with the building extending to the east and west. If your unit has north facing windows then try aiming a FV-HD30 with NO PREAMP , NO Any type or kind of amplifier. Aim at buildings or mountains around the area to find a useable reflected signal. Is the 7th floor the top floor?? . The best to do will be to move to a location where there is LOS to the transmitters. 9.6 miles to the Canada transmitters is Very Close/Too Close. If possible , move to a place that is 20 to 30 miles from the transmitters and still has LOS. Do not move further away from the American tv stations. If your unit were on the south side of the building you are in now , you would be receiving American and Canada stations/channels.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-Feb-2012, 8:17 PM   #3
saline

Thanks for your response. I am planning to get the Antenna Direct DB2e to try. Will report back once I have it setup which might take a few weeks to ship to where I am.
saline is offline   Reply With Quote