TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 8-Mar-2013, 3:26 PM   #1
umalum99

Antenna Recommendations Please

I posted about a year ago and received a good recommendation at the time, but we didn't pull the trigger on pulling dish. I know there are new models of antennas out there, and we are finally ready to go OTA. We want to try to get as small an antenna as possible to pull in the channels we want, and if an amplifier is required (is that what they are called in this industry?) then that's fine too. Here is our TV Fool report:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...1dda2949546007

We definitely want to bring in PBS and the CW. We know it is possible because with an interior Mohu Leaf, we were able to get fuzzy reception. We will either roof or eave mount, so recommendation on those would be great too. Our house backs to open space. There is a cluster of trees behind the tallest part of our house, but the part over the living room and the eave on that side (where our dish is currently located) has no obstructions.

Also, I will check other areas of this forum, but my husband and I are not what you call handy. I need to find an installer and am having a really hard time finding one in Northern Colorado. The one place that says they do installation sounded less informed about antennas than I, so they are definitely out. I've contacted at least one electrician, but he is not sure he can do it unless he has the specs of the antenna (which we don't have yet since we don't have one yet). Any ideas how to find an installer who knows what he/she is doing?

Thank you for your guidance!

Last edited by umalum99; 8-Mar-2013 at 8:40 PM. Reason: grammar
umalum99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Mar-2013, 12:40 AM   #2
teleview

http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=7724.