TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 4-May-2014, 10:16 PM   #41
teleview

+=>

You say.

"this is the same ---->area<----it has been aiming for the past month or so"

"Everything thing was fine until I moved it to try and get Fox to come in better."

--------------------

I say.

Those trees do not look friendly to reception.

Is a different reception location available that has a more friendly reception path??

And also I am still thinking about defective component or components and devices some where in the system.

And devices and components that need to be removed from the system or do not belong in the system.

Last edited by teleview; 5-May-2014 at 1:21 AM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.
Old 5-May-2014, 1:43 AM   #42
bwag32

the only thing hooked up right now is a brand new 20ft cable from the antenna directly to the tv. There isn't anywhere else to really put it. I am going to go get a couple of the fence post that you recommended. if I do 3 of those that will get it above the tree line. I just don't know how im going to secure it.
bwag32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-May-2014, 3:01 AM   #43
GroundUrMast

I have had F connectors loose their ability to make a solid contact to the coax center conductor. The results can vary from intermittent problems to complete failure to connect. A visual inspection of the TV tuner input connector (with a magnifying glass) would be in order.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-May-2014, 12:50 PM   #44
bwag32

What would I be looking for ground?
Old 5-May-2014, 11:38 PM   #45
bwag32

ok getting ready to try the pole's frmo home depot. I am using a tripod mount . at what hieght above the roof do I need to use guy wires
?
Old 6-May-2014, 12:37 AM   #46
GroundUrMast

I would be looking at the center hole in the connector, where the center conductor of the coax inserts. Are the contacts spread apart to the point were they can not put pressure on the coax center conductor? If not, a slight bend in the coax center conductor may help restore reliable contact when the coax is attached to the F connector.

Generally, when stacking multiple mast sections, use guy wire for each section.

If you are using a single mast section, but it is attached only at the base, you'll need guy wires between the mid point and upper 2/3rds point.

If I have only one 10' mast section with no joints, you don't need guy wire when using wall brackets, chimney mount or tripod (presuming there are about 2' or more between the bottom clamp and upper clamp that grip the mast).

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-May-2014, 1:26 AM   #47
bwag32

ok so with the new 10ft 6 inch pole i got more channels. still not all I use to get. I tried doing 2 of the poles and its way to bendy I dont feel safe doing 2 of them. I will just have to settle for what I got. thank you all for you help
Old 6-May-2014, 7:42 AM   #48
teleview

+=>

At a time when the wind is not blowing , can Test Reception with more poles.

www.3starinc.com has selection of push up poles and guy wires.