TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 2-Nov-2016, 7:34 PM   #1
bmchambers

Recommendation for Near Airport

I live in Minneapolis near MSP. We use one TV which is located on the basement level. I am currently using a Mohu Leaf Metro antenna, located inside at ground level. Our home is 1.4 miles from the end of MSP runway 12R, 1.8 miles from the end of runway 12L and 1.3 miles from the end of runway 17. Reception is very good on all channels of interest except when airplanes pass over. Then reception ranges from loss of audio for a few seconds, pixellating of video for several seconds, to loss of signal for several seconds. I suspect that the interference is primarily from incoming traffic on 12L since that traffic would pass between the residence and the locations of the TV transmitters.

Here is the link to the TV Fool report for my location.

*http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...dfaf341e685426

My question is what can I do to eliminate the interference? A different antenna, different location, etc.?
bmchambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-Nov-2016, 8:28 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Use a directional antenna (one with a reflector, for example) and mount it where it has the most favorable signal path towards Shoreview and with the poorest path towards the flight path of the aircraft, ie the north side of a building.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Nov-2016, 1:37 AM   #3
bmchambers

Thanks for your reply. You mention a directional antenna. Is the AD DB4e such an antenna? Or what other specific antenna fits the description?
bmchambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Nov-2016, 10:56 AM   #4
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

The DB4e would be an excellent choice if all of your stations were UHF but they are not.

I'd suggest our model called the Element. It's a compact LPDA what is also pretty good on VHF, a requirement for KARE.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 3-Nov-2016 at 11:26 AM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote