TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 28-Apr-2011, 6:54 PM   #1
antennate

Antenna suggestions

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some advice on a simple antenna.

- I would like to get the channels from the Green and Yellow stations, even some from the Red if possible.
- I can't put an antenna on a giant pole (10+ ft).
- Antenna can go in attic if needed, edge of roof, or on short pole in backyard.
- There aren't any forests or tall buildings around me.

Here is the link it gave for my area...
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8d171fc79299ad

Thanks!
antennate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Apr-2011, 7:05 PM   #2
antennate

A little more info...

- We have a couple HDTVs, and would like to receive digital/HD channels.
- It'd be nice to have ABC-KSWO (Lawton), and if possible CBS-KWTV (OKC), NBC-KFOR (OKC), and FOX (OKC).

Thanks again.
antennate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Apr-2011, 9:06 PM   #3
GroundUrMast

Any of the UHF 4-bay panel antennas such as the Antennacraft U4000, Antennas Direct DB-4, Channel Master CM-4221 and Winegard HD4400 facing 220° compass will deliver all the major networks except ABC. You would be aimed at local translators rather than the main transmitters of each station.

KSWO (ABC) is on real channel 11 and in the opposite direction. You will need a high VHF antenna such as the Antennacraft Y5713 pointed at 131° compass.

The two antennas can be combined using a UVSJ.

You should have enough signal to drive the two sets with no amplifier required. I would recommend outdoor mounting to avoid the unpredictable signal conditions in the typical attic.

You are not in a location that offers a 'one antenna does it all' solution unless you want to use a rotator. I would think that multiple sets makes a rotator unattractive, especially to the viewer who doesn't have control of the rotator remote. If you need access to the stations in the 'red' section of your TVFR, you'll need a significantly larger antenna. Direct access to stations in the OKC area is impossible without using a very large custom built (20' to 30') rhombic array, and you would only hope for spotty, on and off reception at that.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 28-Apr-2011 at 9:51 PM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Apr-2011, 10:28 AM   #4
John Candle

TV Antennas and Reception

This is what is on the Digital repeater/translators. K19AA-D 19 PBS , K25JO-D 25 NBC - My Network , K32IC-D 32 FOX , K43KS-D 43 NBC - My Network , K46JL-D 46 CBS , K48KY-D 48 TBN , K50KE-D 50 Independent - Tuff Tv , K18HX-D 18 ABC - This Tv , K20JB-D 20 FOX , K34JJ-D 34 CBS , K35KE-D 35 NBC - Weather - Antenna Tv , K44IW-D 44 FOX - The Country Network , K47LS-D 47 My Network - Freedom Tv .

Last edited by John Candle; 29-Apr-2011 at 10:46 AM.
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Apr-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
John Candle

I suggest pointing the UHF Panel antenna at about 249 degrees magnetic compass and adj. the direction the antenna is pointing for the best reception of the stations located at , 217 , 249 , 277 , degree magnetic compass. Here is how to point Tv antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html .
Old 29-Apr-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
John Candle

I suggest mounting the antennas outside and Up High. I suggest mounting the UHF panel antenna in such a manner that the front of the UHF panel antenna has a clear view of the Tv stations. Objects such as , roofs , trees , barns , grain bins , water towers , air planes , tanks , and etc. and etc. , that are between the receiving antenna and the transmitting antenna reduce the signal strength. Outdoor Tv antennas like elbow room.

Last edited by John Candle; 30-Apr-2011 at 4:13 AM.
Old 29-Apr-2011, 3:52 PM   #7
John Candle

Is the place where the Tv's are located a , house , condo , apt. , motor home , mobile home ?? military housing on base ?? , military building on base.?? The structure where the Tv's are located , is it wrapped with any type or kind of metal?? , does the structure have poured concrete walls ?? , is the roof metal ?? , is the structure wrapped with brick from ground to roof ??