TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 2-Apr-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
fsteiger

TV Reception Hooksett NH

I need help finding out if it is even worth trying to pick up channels in Boston. My plot is below and the Boston stations are pretty much south of me at 169 degrees (51-52 miles away). I live on the north side of a hill so I am pretty sure it is in the way. I looked around some and don't feel too optimistic about getting those stations. Any input would be appreciated.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...1ddae306a476aa

Thanks,
Fil
fsteiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-Apr-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

You'll need more than just a great antenna, you clearly need more height. It costs nothing but a bit of time to run additional reports at greater heights. You need to see NM values of single digit negative values or higher.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-Apr-2013, 1:17 PM   #3
fsteiger

The address tool isn't working so I did it with coordinates. Hopefully I have the right ones. Here are some elevation signal plots. Obviously I need to take some extreme measures which will probably not be worth it.

100 feet

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...1dda36fc33d333

150 feet

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...1dda01db48f9af

200 feet

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...1dda309db41987
Old 2-Apr-2013, 3:13 PM   #4
teleview

What is the make and model number of the antenna you have now??
Old 2-Apr-2013, 8:16 PM   #5
fsteiger

I don't have one I am just curious as I want to cut cable if it is even possible for me without significant expense.
Old 3-Apr-2013, 12:20 AM   #6
teleview

Digital Tv reception on the Valley Floor at your location with a Simple ANT751 antenna mounted above the Peak Of The Roof so the roof and house are not blocking reception to the , north east and west , will receive these Local Strong Signal Strength Digital Tv stations/channels.

WMUR-TV REAL Digital VHF Channel 09 , virtual number (9.1-2) ABC and MeTv.

WNEU-DT REAL Digital UHF Channel 34 , virtual number (60.1) Telemundo.

WPXG-DT REAL UHF Digital Channel 33 , virtual number (21.1-2-3) ION and Qubo and ION Life.

WENH-TV REAL VHF Digital Channel 11 , virtual number (11.1-2-3-4) PBS and PBS Explore and PBS World , PBS Kids.

Aim the ANT751 antenna at about 65 degree magnetic compass direction.

Here is how to aim antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html.

The ANT751 comes with a , J type antenna mount.

The signal strengths of the above listed Digital Broadcast Tv stations/channels are Strong Signal Strength , No amplifier is required.

The ANT751 antenna and coax Must Not Be Connected to the pay cable system coax or coaxes in any way shape or form. Zero , Zilch.

Yes the coax or coaxes that are , in/on the house can be used to get the Antenna Reception to a Tv or Tv's , those coax or coaxes Must Be Disconnected from the pay cable system.

Do Not mix pay cable and antenna reception on the same coax.

----> A antenna system amplifier is not required<----. The local Tv reception is strong signal strength.

For 1 Tv connected use No splitter.

For 2 Tv's connected use a simple common 2 way splitter.

For 3 Tv's connected use a simple common 3 way splitter.

To receive the Distant and Very Weak signal strength.

WCSH-DT REAL UHF Digital Channel 44 , virtual number (6.1) NBC.

WBZ-TV REAL UHF Digital Channel 30 , virtual number (x) CBS.

And some other network channels.

A Winegard HD7084P antenna and a Antennas Direct CPA-19 preamp will be No Less then 150 feet above ground.

The cost of getting a antenna that high with a new tower and etc. , will Zoom Past $2,000.00.

The valley floor is not a good place for distant weak signal strength reception.

If the reception location is On the Surrounding Hills , reception is Easy , a roof top antenna would receive , many , many , many , many , Digital Tv channels.

Last edited by teleview; 3-Apr-2013 at 5:12 AM.
Old 3-Apr-2013, 12:33 PM   #7
fsteiger

Thank you for your detailed response. Because of the cost and no desire to put in a 150 foot tower the weak signaled stations are pretty much out of the question for me. Would the ANT751 work in the attic? I have also reviews for those little Mohu Leaf antennas.

Thanks
Old 3-Apr-2013, 3:01 PM   #8
GroundUrMast

The signals on real CH-9 & CH-11 argue against the UHF only capabilities of the 'leaf'. You may be successful with an attic install, the only way to know is to try. Attics are great at protecting antennas from the weather and often, reception.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Apr-2013, 4:50 PM   #9
teleview

Reviews are reviews.

99% of reviews are anecdotal and contain no real facts.

Indoor antennas and indoor Tv reception is , Defacto , defined as the very nature of the act - Limited.

Concerning the wording and claims of Mohu and other antennas and antenna manufactures.

There are No Honest , Magic Tv antennas.

There are No Scam , Magic tv antennas.

There are No Magic Tv antennas.