TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 11-Feb-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
whiskeyhill

WRKJ-LD: mystery station

I just rescanned my OTA channels, and am now picking up station WRKJ-LD on virtual channels 22.1 thru 22.6. Of these, 22.3 is the only channel actually broadcasting anything, and that is merely the same PSA running repeatedly. The other channels are blue-screen with a series of moving broken black lines in the upper 1/5 of the screen.
I'm approximately 20 miles WSW of Chicago's lakefront.
I can't find anything regarding this station. Anyone...?
whiskeyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Feb-2013, 3:06 PM   #2
elmo

Have you tried a report for your location? It shows pending stations as well, which may give a clue.
elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Feb-2013, 3:25 PM   #3
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Formerly W22AJ, is now WRKJ-LD attempting to operate on UHF 24 as virtual channel 22

See request for STA at https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws...&fac_num=68061 (read comments in Exhibits section) also http://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tv...=0&facid=68061

The TVFool database does not reflect the new STA information at this time but shows the granted construction permit although under the old call letters.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 12-Feb-2013 at 4:45 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Feb-2013, 3:33 PM   #4
teleview

Typing in the station call sign and variations of the call sign in the google search box , shows that is most likely Religion Tv station.

wrkj , wrkj tv , wrkj-tv , wrkj-ld , and so forth in the google search box , shows some brief and incomplete references to a Tv station.

WRKJ is also a Religion radio station. You can call the radio station and ask about the WRKJ Tv station.

You can also call the other Tv stations around your area , communicate with the engineering departments to find out what is on WRKJ.

I see that the second link provided by AD Tech is for WRJK. The same Tv station??

Not sure about the first link.

Last edited by teleview; 14-Feb-2013 at 6:49 AM.
Old 13-Feb-2013, 1:16 AM   #5
whiskeyhill

It looks like they are getting their house in order. I see that this station is an affiliate for AVS TV/Diya TV. All Bollywood, all the time!
whiskeyhill is offline   Reply With Quote