TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Special Forums > FM Fool Discussion/Database Updates

Notices

Old 16-Jan-2014, 9:39 PM   #1
jellis

CBC Vancouver BC

I do not see any CBC Vancouver BC stations, such as CUBT or CUBFT.
jellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-Feb-2019, 4:57 AM   #2
djtpedersen

Hi jellis,

If you are close enough to Mount Seymour, which is where almost all of Vancouver's FM radio towers are located, you should be able to see some (if not all) of Vancouver's FM signals. Here's a partial list of how some of their call signs appear on FM Fool's result plots:

> CBU-2-FM: this is the FM simulcast of CBU-AM, which is the CBC Radio One signal for Vancouver and the rest of the lower mainland.

> CBUFFM: this is basically CBC Radio One but in French (Ici Radio-Canada Première). The call sign should read CBUF-FM.

> CFBT-FM: this is Virgin Radio (formerly The Beat)'s Hot Adult Contemporary station.

> CBU-FM: I used to get confused by this one a lot, but not anymore. This one is CBC Music (formerly CBC Radio Two)'s Vancouver station with rebroadcasters that serve other cities in BC.

> CFMIFM: this one is classic rock. Properly denoted CFMI-FM (or CFMI-HD if you get it digitally), it's a Corus Entertainment station and also simulcasts CKNW (Global News Radio) and CHMJ (AM730 All Traffic All The Time) on its HD2 and HD3 subchannels.

> CKKSFM: this one changed its call sign a while back. It's now known as Jack 96.9 and, despite being a variety music station, also simulcasts CityNews1130 (CKWX-AM) and Sportsnet 650 Vancouver (CISL-AM) on its HD2 and HD3 subchannels, respectively. The call sign should now read CJAX-FM.

Hope this helps with some of the mind-boggling call signs, and I completely understand your confusion. Let me know if I can offer any more assistance.