TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 8-Sep-2014, 2:05 PM   #1
ljr

Help with antenna choice

This is an interesting situation. I have a cottage in Leamington Ontario that has similar strength signals from Detroit, Toledo, and Cleveland, with a few Canadian channels close by with strong signals. The Toledo and Cleveland stations are straight shots over the lake but the Detroit stations have a few distant trees in the line of sight. I would like to get as many stations as possible, but as a minimum all of the network channels. I would prefer to get the Detroit stations, but that is not absolutely necessary.

I plan to connect one TV in this cottage and one in a neighbor's cottage. The distance from the antenna to my TV is about 35 feet and to the neighbor's TV is about 100 feet.

Here is my TV Fool result
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d243fd35a3c0bf

Thanks for your help.
ljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Oct-2014, 6:19 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

Ouch... It looks as if we let your request fall through the cracks.

Because the weaker signals have more problems with adjacent and co-channel interference, my inclination would be to go after the stronger signals from Toledo.

I'd try an Antennacraft HBU-33 pointed at Toledo with the expectation that the stronger local Canadian signals will make their way in from the side and rear of the antenna.

An RCA TVPRAMP1R preamplifier at the antenna should provide ample gain to overcome a 2-way split and 200' of RG-6.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote