TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 5-Jan-2011, 1:04 AM   #1
Skrawny

Newb to OTA

Looking to dump cable and am doing my research on what I am going to be needing. I can receive ABC,NBC,FOX, and PBS with the old rabbit ears but am looking to get CBS also. I am open to any type of antenna mounted on the roof or in the attic.

Also what would be needed to run multiple tv's as I have 2 hdtv's and 3 tube tv's.

Here is my report.

**http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...da32229a1f9564

Thanks for the time and info.

Scott
Skrawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Jan-2011, 2:04 AM   #2
Tower Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrawny View Post
I can receive ABC,NBC,FOX, and PBS with the old rabbit ears but am looking to get CBS also.
Your situation is tricky. UHF stations come from two distinct directions and 2 VHF stations from two other directions. A rotor will work, but you have too many TVs that may want to watch tv from different directions.

Try this, build a McLapp 4 bay UHF without reflector http://www.frontiernet.net/~mclapp/A...t%20layout.pdf and put it in your attic. Next get two Y5-7-13 VHF antennas. Put them on the roof and aim one at NBC on 13, the other at CBS on channel 8. Get a Jointenna for channel 13 from Warren Electronics to couple the two VHF antennas together and then use a UVSJ or AP3700 preamp to couple the UHF antenna to the VHF combo. If you find that you need a preamp to pick up the VHF channels on all the TVs, the AP3700 is the only amplifier that you can consider.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Jan-2011, 3:05 AM   #3
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

A Winegard HD7694P on the roof pointed at 160 magnetic compass. The coax from the antenna is connected to a passive 2 way splitter , one output of the splitter goes to the closest tv and the other output of the 2 way splitter is connected to a CM3414 amplified 4 way distribution , the 4 outputs go to the tv's that are further away. For the tv's that do not have broadcast tv digital tuners and you need converter boxes then these are good converter boxes , Tivax STB-T8 , AlphaDigital AT2016 , Zinwell ZAT 950A , CM 7000 , CM 7000 PAL , or this Panasonic DVD Recorder VCR Recorder with a Broadcast Tv Digital Tv Tuner , model DMR-EZ48VK.

Last edited by John Candle; 5-Jan-2011 at 8:01 AM.
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote