TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 8-Dec-2013, 9:37 PM   #1
lckirk2

Question HELP. Antenna Recommendations and Locations for placement

Hello,

I am new to this and don't know anything about antennas and locations to place antenna. I live in Greenville NC, and I am trying to get some channels that I am not currently picking up, such as: 12.1 ABC; 19.1 PBS; 44 TBN; 30.1 SAH; 22.1 CW. I live in a second floor apartment complex. I use a basic RCA indoor antenna. Is there any indoor antennas that will allow me to at least pickup these additional stations and any indoor antennas that will allow me to pickup other stations requiring a rooftop antenna? What location do I place the antenna? Would it help any having some sort of antenna on the second floor patio? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my plots:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae977aaa508c
lckirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-Dec-2013, 9:50 PM   #2
lckirk2

Question HELP. Antenna Recommendations and Locations for placement

I am new and do not know anything about antennas or location for placement. I live in Greenville NC in a two story apartment on the second floor with an outdoor balcony. I currently use a basic RCA indoor antenna. I can't pick up the following stations: 12.1 ABC; 44 TBN; 30.1 SAH; 22.1 CW. What indoor antenna will allow me to pickup these and more stations and is there any indoor antenna that will work like a rooftop antenna to pickup those stations as well? What location do a put the antenna? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Here is my plot:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae977aaa508c
Old 8-Dec-2013, 11:47 PM   #3
teleview

+=>
-------
For Tv reception in apartment , the directions of windows and patio/balconies is/are all important.
The main groups of Tv stations/channels are , South South West , West , North West .

So that I can recommend a antenna for your reception situation.

What directions are the , windows , patio/balconies , facing??

Last edited by teleview; 9-Dec-2013 at 5:16 PM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.
Old 9-Dec-2013, 5:26 PM   #4
lckirk2

All windows and balcony are facing east and south. One may be slightly south-west
Old 9-Dec-2013, 9:00 PM   #5
teleview

+=>
------
The Main Group of receivable Digital Broadcast Tv stations/channels are to the , South South West and West.

Recommend a Terk HDTVi , (not HDTVa) , antenna in/at a , South South West , window.

As best you can , aim the HDTVi antenna at about 200 degree magnetic compass direction.
Here is how to aim Indoor and outdoor antenna ,

www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html

Use a Real and Actual magnetic compass to aim antenna.

As always , the starting antenna aim direction is the --> starting antenna aim direction.
The antenna aim direction and antenna location can be adjusted for best reception.
As always , indoor type Tv antennas have limited reception.

Most Digital Tv's have a Signal Strength Meter and some Digital Tv's also have a Signal Quality Meter.

----
The Tv Must Channel Scan for the , OTA=Over The Air , Digital Broadcast Tv stations/channels , often named the ~DTV Channels~Antenna Channels~Air Channels~ in the Tv Setup Menu because the Tv transmissions travel through the Air from the transmitting antenna to the receiving antenna.

Some digital Tv's will Automatic channel scan for cable tv channels.

DO NOT channel scan for cable tv channels.

Go into the Tv Setup Menu and select ~DTV Channels~Antenna Channels ~Air Channels~.

Scan for channels.

-------

Here is a place to buy antennas and etc. .

www.amazon.com

------------

If the coax needs to run through the apartment to connect the HDTVi antenna to the Tv , then so be it.

-----------

What direction does the balcony face??

If the balcony faces East , is the balcony on the South end of the East side of the building , and if so , does the side of the balcony have a good view to the south that is not blocked by the building??

Or better , does the balcony face South??

Last edited by teleview; 10-Dec-2013 at 5:40 PM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.
Old 1-Jan-2014, 6:08 PM   #6
lckirk2

Balcony facing

The balcony faces east and the interior of my apartment blocks the balcony from the south.