TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 29-Nov-2011, 8:41 PM   #1
Denis Martin
DMAN

Question no vhs reception

This is all very new to me, and I know as much about tv reception as I do about gastronology. I am located in New Durham NH 03855 I just purchased and had professionally installed a Winegard HD7698P antenna. It is mounted 40 ft off the ground on the side of a one family house pointed in a fixed SW position.(per recomendation of WMUR Engineer) There is only set in the house ..a high def Visio. I receive with super clarity Maine and NH PBS, Telemundo, and ION...I believe 9 channels in all. Why can't I receive any VHF signals from Boston or NH? If SOMEONE COULD EXPLAIN IN LAYMAN'S TERMS what I need to do to pull in a signal for VHS I would be most appreciative. THANKS
Denis Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Nov-2011, 9:32 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

Please read the Guidelines when asking for help. Then post the link to your TV Fool reception report.

In hilly or mountainous terrain, a reception report based on a ZIP code may be quite inaccurate.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 30-Nov-2011 at 12:57 AM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Nov-2011, 12:37 AM   #3
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Well, Boston doesn't have any VHF stations (except a low-budget shopping channel).

A 7698 is very directional. It will usually receive distant signals only if it is aimed at or near the source of the signals. You might be in need of a rotor and a high-input tolerant pre-amp (if you don't already have one).

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Nov-2011, 2:21 PM   #4
Denis Martin
DMAN

Unhappy no signal for major networks

Thanks for responding. I was told that would receive Boston STATIONS WITH THIS ANTENNA. I want to receive ABC, CBS,AND NBC, or just one. I could get WBZ with rabbit ears before Hi Def. The engeneer for WMUR in Manchester said point the antenna SW. Can I put a pre amp inside? THE ELECTRICIAN GROUNDED THE MAST.
Old 30-Nov-2011, 4:56 PM   #5
GroundUrMast

I still think it would be helpful for you to provide a link to your specific TV Fool reception report.

A report based on the ZIP code is often miles from the real location.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Nov-2011, 9:41 PM   #6
Denis Martin
DMAN

Smile No signal for major networks

Thanks for the advise. I fully intend to change the direction of antenna. The advise you have given has been the most comprehensive so far. Tweeking antenna will have to be done before 1st snow, as access to pitched roof would not be a smart move. My prime interest would be for Boston stations not Maine. Thanks again.... you know a good deal about this stuff.