TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 11-Oct-2013, 12:06 AM   #1
skatingrocker17

Antennas Direct 91XG vs. DB8e

I just got the 91XG up and running today and mounded it about 35 feet above the ground. I have a DB8e on the way.

Today has been the only day I have had the antenna installed so I can't say if today is a very good day or if the antenna is really that good.

As advertised, it is very directional. When aimed towards the Detroit transmitters, most of my Toledo UHF stations didn't come in. Both Toledo and Detroit are the same general North direction but most of the Toledo transmitters are to the East of the city and the Detroit transmitters are to the North West of the city.

During the day time (about 4PM), very sunny and about 70 degrees, I was able to pull in Detroit TV stations which are about 85 miles from my house. WTVS PBS came in pretty consistently while WXYZ ABC was in and breaking up. Now that I have rotated in a little but (the sun is still out but has almost set) I was able to get a few more Detroit stations such a the CW, WDIV NBC, an Independent station, CTV 42 (analog), TVO (TV Ontario), and CHWI CBC Two.

So far, I'm pretty impressed. I've had a low band VHF antenna that did manage to get SOME UHF stations but..... this does not get any VHF stations in case anyone was curious.

I will spend some more time with and and post some updates when the DB8e arrives. The DB8e has higher gain levels for the most part.

Hopefully these channels remain pretty consistent, at times they do pixelare for and for a few seconds the signal drops on SOME stations. It will got from 70+% gradually down to 0 and back up.

I'm thinking tonight might just be a good DX night because I was getting CBNL out of Sudbury, Ontario which is about 380 miles away and is in French.
skatingrocker17 is offline   Reply With Quote