TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 8-Mar-2010, 7:04 PM   #1
jcp

advice please

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...b7c8c006d9bdbb

I appreciate the site and all the information. I am interested in switching from cable to OTA. I'm a little confused about what I need and what kind of results to expect. Some of my confusion is due to the same search I did on antenna web said I couldn't expect any stations.
I considered getting a professional to do the job, so I called the local TV/electronics store in my Yellow Pages. They said they'd be happy to sell me an antenna and install it, but they said they could not predict or gurantee the results. Then they tried to sell me a Direct TV contract. Not exactly the help I was looking for.
I found a local antenna wholesale supplier. They directed me towards a "Digitenna" deep fringe, and a pre amp. However they said it was really up to me to tell them what I need, and the equiptment wouldn't be returnable once installed.
So based on my report do you guys think it's worth me giving it a shot. I really want to be fairly confident I'm going to get the channels down to KETC reliably before I invest the time and money. I'm very open to any advice in regards to equiptment selection, so far all I know is the Digiantenna I've been shown.
Thanks in advance for any advice or help you can provide.
jcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-Mar-2010, 7:57 PM   #2
Dave Loudin

The good news is you can easily meet your goals with a modest outdoor antenna. Additionally, what you're interested in is all in the same direction and they are all UHF broadcasts. Some candidates: Channel Master 4220, Antennacraft U4000, Antennas Direct DB2. The moderator will have some other solid suggestions.

If you're interested in doing it yourself from scratch or from a kit, check out this site.
Dave Loudin is offline   Reply With Quote