TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 21-Sep-2011, 12:42 AM   #1
mtehonica

CPA19 Wiring

I'm going to be ordering a CPA19 and was wondering if someone could explain the wiring and where to place the CPA19. Should it be attached to the mast? Or would it be ok inside about 15' away?
mtehonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-Sep-2011, 2:28 AM   #2
phone man

Mounting the preamp close to the antenna is best but at fifteen feet away you'll only lose 1dB for the extra coax.
I have a CPA-19 and am very happy with it. Everything is well marked and easy to connect. Basically, the antenna lead goes to the preamp input, then out of the preamp to the DC power injector which should be located behind your TV or just before a splitter if you have multiple TVs in the house. Be sure there is no splitter between the preamp and DC injector.
phone man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-Sep-2011, 4:11 PM   #3
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Installation instructions are available at http://www.antennasdirect.com/cmss_f...structions.pdf

phone man is correct. Mounting the amp further away will have the same effect as increasing the noise figure of the amplifier. I usually estimate that RG6 will have around 1 dB of insertion loss per 15-18 feet. As long as your location permits the slightly higher effective noise figure, it's a fair trade-off for serviceability.

Here are several tips:

1) The included 3' jumper cables use compression fittings with an interior o-ring. You may have to tighten the connector more than finger tight in order to compress the o-ring in order to achieve a good electrical connection.

2) The power transformer for the CPA19 runs on the warm side. Measured temps of 105-110°F are not uncommon.

If you have questions or need assistance, we have tech/customer service available by phone 7 days a week. Just give us a call.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-Sep-2011, 4:33 PM   #4
mtehonica

Thanks for the help guys! I really respect any company that has support people that monitor forums and such. Guess I made the right choice going with the Antennas Direct brand!
mtehonica is offline   Reply With Quote