TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 10-Sep-2011, 1:16 PM   #1
davidvb24

Best Outdoor Antenna for me

I was wanting to get some good expert opinions on what to replace my current setup with some new equipment based on my TV Fool Results....

Code:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d83874f9bb0fb16
My current setup consists of 60 foot of tower with 10 foot of mast. The mast sits inside the tower roughly 3 feet attached to my rotor, and the tower is in the ground roughly 4 feet. All in all I am about 65 foot in the air to the top.

Here is my current setup....

-Antenna #1 is a VHF/UHF/FM radio shack's $120+ flavor from about 5 years ago (sorry do not know model #, I believe is the Antennacraft HD1200 version from about 5 years ago)
-Antenna #2 is a DB8 UHF (currently not used)
-Rotor is a Channel Master CM9521A
-Cable is all RG-6, but a mixture of differnet flavors of shielding. Longest run is approximately 130 foot.
-Various splitters (3 or 4) for feeding 3 TVs, satellite receivers, and stereo receiver.
-Amp / Preamp does not exist at this time.

Here is my problem....

I had a high wind storm bend my mast that entends out of my tower, and folded about 4 VHF elements forward. Also for obvious reasons my cabling runs are not the best and are long runs, so I would like to upgrade to RG-11 for the run down my tower to at least to my splitter which will now only be one, most like an 8 port.

Here is my delima....

I have ran across the HD stacker in my searches, and have been seeing mixed opinions, but was seriously considering a stacked setup to replace my current setup.

I have also recommended using the Wineguard HD 8200U with a Channel Master CM7777 Preamp if I wanted to go single antenna setup ....

..... or going with a Wineguard HD 5030 plus an Antennas Direct 91XG if I wanted to go with a stacked antenna setup.

I think I am totally confused now from looking at so much different antenna information that I need some good expert opions.

Could you also recommend the best locations for purchasing the antenna(s), preamp, and coax.

Thanks everyone in advance for your efforts!!!!
davidvb24 is offline   Reply With Quote