TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Special Topics > Reception Devices

Notices

Old 18-Mar-2010, 6:55 PM   #1
JBL55

DVR/converter combo?

My husband and I are liberating ourselves from Time Warner cable by going OTA. Our TV is old (i.e. not digital) but not so old that we want to run out and buy another TV set, what with the cost of the new antenna and all. So we need a converter box. We also want to replace TW's DVR with one of our own.

Does anyone make a DVR which also handles the digital conversion for the OTA signal to our TV? I've looked around but haven't found one. I suspect it might make more sense to just get two separate components, but I thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks!

Last edited by JBL55; 18-Mar-2010 at 8:15 PM.
JBL55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Mar-2010, 1:38 PM   #2
teleview

Tuner/DVR

Go to http://www.channelmasterstore.com/ channelmaster has a new Broadcast Television Digital ATSC Tuner/DVR the CM7000PAL DVR (CM7000PAL) has a built in hard drive. The outputs of the CM7000PAL will work with any Tv. If you will like to record on to DVD's then check out the Panasonic VIERA DMR-EZ48VK it has a Broadcast Television Digital ATSC Tuner , records on to DVD's and has outputs that will work with any Tv. And if you will like to up grade , the DMR-EZ48VK is made to work seamlessly with some VIERA Panasonic Tv's using one remote to control every thing. http://www.panasonic.com/

Last edited by teleview; 3-Apr-2010 at 6:09 PM. Reason: Add more information and make more understandable
Old 19-Mar-2010, 1:48 PM   #3
JBL55

Thank you, teleview -- we'll check it out!
JBL55 is offline   Reply With Quote