TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 15-Jul-2019, 12:56 AM   #1
Chevy power

Northeast Ohio (Norton) WVIZ reception issues.

Hello I am running a DB4E, and a Y5-7-13 with an amplifier providing signal to 3 tvs. I haven't changed any of my equipment and did a re-scan on my tvs.

I am no longer able to receive channel 25 wviz pbs. This happened a year or so ago for a brief period of time but this time it has gone on much longer. Can someone offer some advice on my lack of reception.

TVFool report.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9038de2c304c4e

Thank you
Chevy power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Jul-2019, 3:09 AM   #2
Tim

I'm not an expert about the FCC repack of TV channels, but from looking at the data on rabbitears.info, it looks like WVIZ is moving from real channel 26 to real channel 35. They are in phase 4 of the repack scheduled to be completed by August 2nd. Could be that they are doing some work to the transmitter or antenna that is affecting their coverage. They should be in the testing phase of their new channel assignment. Plan to re-scan your TV on August 2nd so you can pick up the new channel.
https://www.ideastream.org/plan-to-scan
In my area several channels have some reception problems as they are operating on temporary antennas or transmitters as part of the repack process.
Old 15-Jul-2019, 11:18 AM   #3
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

WVIZ is currently operating at about half power from an antenna at half the height of their full power antenna while their post-repack facility is being built.

As Tim noted, their construction deadline is 8/2/19.

You'll just have to patiently wait out the construction period.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Jul-2019, 2:08 PM   #4
Chevy power

Thanks for the reply. I also sent an email to wviz. They confirmed what you guys have said. Here is their reply.

Matt,

Thank you for your interest in WVIZ.

We have indeed made a change to our signal. Temporarily we are on an auxiliary antenna while we make changes to our main antenna.

We are changing channels as a result of the FCC spectrum auction which reassigned half of the current TV channels to wireless broadband. This requires over 1000 TV stations to change channels. We are one of 11 stations affected in the Cleveland area.

For a while we will be on the backup antenna and occasionally going off the air completely as men and equipment are moved up and down our tower.

On August 2 we will move to Ch 35, which may require you to do a channel rescan on your TV.

We expect to compete all work around the middle of August and return to operating on our main antenna.

After that move we will have a stronger signal than our previous one, so your reception should be better than it was previously.

We appreciate your patience during this period.
Chevy power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Jul-2019, 7:20 PM   #5
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

From that response, it can be surmised that they will be operating on their auxiliary antenna at reduced capability for some time in August AFTER they are required to move to UHF 35 (by 8/2).

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote