TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 5-Nov-2011, 10:14 PM   #41
tbird2340

Few more questions..

1. Should I consider a different antenna all together?

2. What would "potential overload" do? Could it cause damage to the TV?
tbird2340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-Nov-2011, 2:03 PM   #42
No static at all

No, the antenna you have is about as good as it gets. I

Overload won't damage anything, but may compromise reception of some stations. (Usually the weakest ones will be lost or made worse) It's best to stay on the conservative side with one or more strong signals around.

It's all about experimentation. I have found a vertical sweet spot which yields excellent reception of all available stations. Just a few inches up/down on the mast makes a world of difference here.
No static at all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-Nov-2011, 2:05 PM   #43
tbird2340

Quote:
Originally Posted by No static at all View Post
No, the antenna you have is about as good as it gets. I

Overload won't damage anything, but may compromise reception of some stations. (Usually the weakest ones will be lost or made worse) It's best to stay on the conservative side with one or more strong signals around.

It's all about experimentation. I have found a vertical sweet spot which yields excellent reception of all available stations. Just a few inches up/down on the mast makes a world of difference here.
So how do you go about adjusting?? I went on the roof w/ my cell and had my wife watching the TV while I had the debugging / signal info on the channel (KDKA).. That's the day I jacked it to the point where it wouldn't come in it all..

I would move it ever so slightly to the left/right/up/down etc.. Is that how you do it as well?
Old 6-Nov-2011, 2:23 PM   #44
No static at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird2340 View Post

I would move it ever so slightly to the left/right/up/down etc.. Is that how you do it as well?
No, just up/down in 6 inch increments. I then can use the rotor & see the difference it makes on all stations (Some better some maybe worse) Then settle for the best compromise.
No static at all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Nov-2011, 10:47 PM   #45
tbird2340

I got to thinking.. Right now my antenna is mounted to my chimney and then my coax goes down, in my basement, in a coupler, out my basement, around my house, and then into a wall plate and then into my TV..

It would probably be way easier if I somehow mounted it on the other side of my house where the cable would drop down directly into the wall plate and then into my TV.. What are the mounting options for on a side of a house?