TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 14-Sep-2015, 1:10 AM   #1
heggood

I need help choosing antenna.

Howdy folks. I dont know much at all about this stuff and am looking for help. I have a 30' travel trailor and stay in it the majority of time working out of town. I usually stay at places that offer tv service but it is always standard definition and not easy to navigate channels. At home I have Directv, the guide and search function make it easy to find the channels or stuff I'm looking to watch. The dvr and guide make it easy to record the sporting events and shows I like to watch. So I need help with two things. I need a good hd antenna to put on my extendable bracket on top of my camper. And I need a way to record sporting events, I always work and miss the games, specifically Saturday College Football. Does tivo give me a guide and let me program and record to watch in the evenings? What antenna do I need? I have chromecast and a decent signal for my verizon hot spot, not sure if it will help me. Here's a link of my address with tvfool. Thanks for any and all help. Also, at times I could be further away from towers when working different locations, so I would like a good antenna for longer distances and that doesnt lose signal during thunderstorms if possible.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8e03cacec95705

Last edited by heggood; 14-Sep-2015 at 1:13 AM.
heggood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Sep-2015, 11:46 AM   #2
agmccall

Hello

I can't help you with the antenna, but for the recorder take a look at

Magnavox MDR557H/F7 1Terabyte Hard Disc Drive Digital Video Disc Recorder

I actually have the model from 3 years ago and was a bit cheaper, but it records great

al
agmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Sep-2015, 10:08 PM   #3
heggood

Quote:
Originally Posted by agmccall View Post
Hello

I can't help you with the antenna, but for the recorder take a look at

Magnavox MDR557H/F7 1Terabyte Hard Disc Drive Digital Video Disc Recorder

I actually have the model from 3 years ago and was a bit cheaper, but it records great

al

Thanks for the feedback. Does this recorder give you a guide to be able to look at what coming on in the future and set it to record? My tv and service at the campground doesnt have that capability.
heggood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Sep-2015, 2:48 PM   #4
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by heggood View Post
Here's a link of my address with tvfool. Thanks for any and all help. Also, at times I could be further away from towers when working different locations, so I would like a good antenna for longer distances and that doesnt lose signal during thunderstorms if possible.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8e03cacec95705
Well, the good news is that over the air TV signal reception is not affected by rain and thunderstorms like satellite TV.

The bad news is that the signals for the major Atlanta stations (especially the ones with sports) are very weak at the location shown. Maybe some others can weigh in with suggestions of an antenna and pre-amp that you could try but it would be important to get it as high in the air as possible and a clear shot with no trees in the way in the direction of Atlanta.

Keep in mind also, that reception will be different in every location you park. I have friend further over in Rockmart that has a much better signal report than you yet he is about the same distance from Atlanta--it all depends on the terrain between you and the transmitting tower.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote