TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 25-Oct-2014, 4:58 PM   #1
devidog

More accurate Missouri report

If you looked at my previous thread, I had an issue with coordinates ADTech straightened it out for me. I have pretty much decided to go with...

DB8
Rotor
RCA-TVAPRAMP1R
Y10713- mounted stationary on the mast @ 25'

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d2435829a52355

When aiming the vhf antenna, I have two stations in the 300 deg azimuth area, KRCG and KOMU. The terrain in that general direction is a creek bottom with edges above the height of the antenna but is closer to 280 degrees . What is more critical, exactly aiming at the tower or trying to avoid the edge?

I'm trying to avoid to much trial and error as I'm not sure if I will be able to reach and adjust the yagi w/o bringing the mast back down. The mast will have to stay stationary at due north for orientation of the rotor.
devidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Oct-2014, 9:32 PM   #2
devidog

Well, I picked up the rca tvpramp1r today, also picked up a compression tool and a dozen connectors. I also have a coax grounding lug to install. Heading down in the morning to give this a try. The y -107 13 won't be here in time for tomorrow so I'm going to set up the mast, rotor, db8, amp and new coax and see what I get. I might add that the rca pre-amp was $21.00 with a $2.00 rebate at Menards.

If I get some good tv on one set, I'll see what it will take to try another one in the bedroom.

Cheers, Bob.
Old 31-Oct-2014, 11:48 PM   #3
devidog

Everything worked out well! I have OTA TV at the farm. Thanks to ADTech and others who commented. I didn't get the 25' I hoped for and had to move to the other end of the trailer. After taking a closer look there were too many large trees to deal with. After trimming some braches I ended up with a clear shot from about 310 deg. to about 220 deg. All the UHF channels came in well. The Y-10713 will be here next week.