TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Special Topics > Antennas

Notices

Old 7-Jan-2014, 10:46 PM   #1
junior

Antennas Direct DB4E

If anyones interested in the DB4E. Its being sold through newegg.com for $59.99. Free shipping (Super egg saver 4-7 business days) or ($3.99 Newegg 3 business days). Amazon has it for $58.99 +free shipping but If someone wants another option besides Amazon. I have read a lot of reviews on Amazon about there DB4e coming with missing parts, open boxes, etc.etc. Newegg is a good site, my teen buys a lot of computer equipment through Newegg and I have used the site. They carry a hand full of OTA antennas, not many. Just thought I would pass this on.. Thanks
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-Jan-2014, 5:06 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Most of the issues that we've identified with such problems (missing parts, open boxes) comes from Amazon "Marketplace" sellers and the like who are selling off items that are not directly from us and are often returned items from other retailers and the like. Be certain that purchases from such sellers are properly identified and are actually "New in the original box" and are not previously sold and returned items. Otherwise, shippers can do a real number on boxes and damage can certainly occur in-transit. Contact the seller to resolve such shipping damages.

Any customer who receives a "New in box" item that's missing parts or otherwise needs assistance should call us at 877-825-5572 for that assistance. We have customer service seven days a week (9-9 Central weekdays, 10-6 Central weekends) for just that purpose.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 8-Jan-2014 at 11:23 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-Jan-2014, 7:10 PM   #3
Stereocraig

The thrift stores, are usually flooded w/ these types of products, that are returns that are donated by the major chains and big box stores.

Yes, they can be missing some standard hardware, but I have never found any of their proprietary pieces missing.

I inspect them, replace any missing parts and resell them.
Stereocraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-Jan-2014, 11:21 PM   #4
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Retailers, depending on their agreement with the manufacturers, are supposed to either return to vendor (RTV) or destroy in field any returned products since they are usually charging the vendor back for all returned items. If they fail to do either and allow the product to enter the "grey" market, the product is essentially "stolen" since the vendor already repaid the retailer for it under the terms of the purchasing agreement and it was supposed to no longer exist. The manufacturer, in turn, gets screwed because they are essentially expected by later customers to honor warranties for an item that isn't even supposed to exist anymore and any later "quality" issues get blamed on the manufacturer.

Constant problem....

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-Jan-2014, 11:59 PM   #5
junior

Ahhh that does make sense. well for sure Thanks for the info both ADTECH and Stereocraig. ADTECH, I WAS IN NO WAY implying anything bad about Antennas Direct, that did not even cross my mind. I purchased, and use a DB4e in my home..EXCELLENT antenna! I just thought with the probs associated through Amazon people may appreciate knowing another source reasonably priced...maybe too reasonably priced?? The same DB4e is listed on Signal Source for $99.99.
Stereocraig your absolutely correct about the thrifts. I know for fact a very large "thrift" ..GW.. gets a fair amount product from Target. Most if not all of that product is customer returns, missing parts, scratches, damage of some other sort, etc. You can identify a Target item there if its marked price is on a blue tag...here in CO anyway thats how they do it. Thanks again to both of you.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9-Jan-2014, 4:21 PM   #6
Stereocraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Retailers, depending on their agreement with the manufacturers, are supposed to either return to vendor (RTV) or destroy in field any returned products since they are usually charging the vendor back for all returned items. If they fail to do either and allow the product to enter the "grey" market, the product is essentially "stolen" since the vendor already repaid the retailer for it under the terms of the purchasing agreement and it was supposed to no longer exist. The manufacturer, in turn, gets screwed because they are essentially expected by later customers to honor warranties for an item that isn't even supposed to exist anymore and any later "quality" issues get blamed on the manufacturer.

Constant problem....

It's not just one of the thrifts, or one of the retailers that are doing this, it's ALL of them.

Like Junior described, a person can tell the retailer, by the style of sticker. Even if they do try to black it out.

By the number of units I find, I'm guessing that people must get this bug to cut cable and then they get a little intimidated for some reason and just return the antennas and their related equipment.

People on CL certainly don't have a problem w/ them.
Stereocraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9-Jan-2014, 4:34 PM   #7
teleview

+=>
-----
Returned products , Broken Products , and such and etc. are ------> Returned products , Broken products , and such and etc. .

These products are easy to identify.

Some sellers on e-bay and some stores are selling these reject products.

And Pretend that the products are new or are implied as new.

And people buying these reject products , --> Also Pretend <-- , the reject products are not reject products.

From what I see happening , It is a Scam.

The Scam Sellers and the Scam Buyers are trying to Scam a business out of a new product by returning the reject product to the original retailer or original manufacture.

This is a lot of time and effort and Pretending and Scamming that the reject products are not reject products.

So.

It is better to buy a , Real and Actual , New Product , and be done with it.

Last edited by teleview; 12-Jan-2014 at 3:21 PM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.