TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 15-Apr-2014, 11:36 PM   #1
kcfletcher

Unhappy Get really good video reception but

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...5b94abb35344be

For 16 years I have used antenna TV with an indoor antenna. I live near the antennas (within 25 miles). I have had good reception with no problems and then suddenly about 2 to 3 weeks ago I start getting garbled to no audio on any stations. The audio comes and goes. Now it is just gone.

I tried a newer antenna with a little booster plug in. Nothing
I thought maybe the TV was having problems but I can still get sound from DVDs.
I changed out the converter box. No luck.
I get a pretty large list of channels as you can tell from my signal analysis.

Could someone have started using a new device that is messing with the audio signal only?

Getting frustrated. Any help out there.
kcfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Apr-2014, 12:55 AM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
Could someone have started using a new device that is messing with the audio signal only?
No. The audio is not distinguishable from the video except at the data level. It is not possible for external interference to affect only the audio portion of the broadcast before it get demodulated in the tuner.

Whatever the issue might be, it's unique to your hardware, probably the TV set itself or its input port that you are using with the converter box.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Apr-2014, 1:09 AM   #3
kcfletcher

Any thoughts on what to check. This is not my specialty at all. Tried several different things and nothing is working.
Old 16-Apr-2014, 1:17 AM   #4
teleview

+=>

Do Not use antenna system amplifier at your location.

-----------------

The audio problem will be the converter box or the Tv or both the converter box and Tv or some other device that is connected.

Test reception at your location with a Flat Screen Tv that has a built in ATSC-Digital Broadcast Tv Tuner.

Last edited by teleview; 19-Apr-2014 at 5:24 PM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.
Old 16-Apr-2014, 3:04 AM   #5
dmfdmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcfletcher View Post
Any thoughts on what to check. This is not my specialty at all. Tried several different things and nothing is working.
Borrow a friend's TV and see if it has audio problems. If another TV has no issues then some component inside your TV is bad. Also, you might also do a Google search for "bad audio" or similar for your specific TV brand and model and see if anything pops up. It could be a common defect with that TV.
dmfdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Apr-2014, 3:33 AM   #6
kcfletcher

There must have been something wrong with an older VCR/DVD combo we used for old VCRs. I bypassed it and now everything works fine. Thanks to each of you who responded. Wow.
Old 19-Apr-2014, 2:31 PM   #7
prion

After years of rock solid reception I lost one channel in a similar way. It turned
out to be a problem on the TV station end that they wouldn't admit for a while.
I finally got hold of a tech and he told me they'd have it fixed that day and they
did. So now before I start messing with my end of things I always go check with my neighbors to see if the problem is just with me or if everyone is having it.
prion is offline   Reply With Quote