TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 8-Sep-2019, 11:23 AM   #1
samve33

Rescan day flop

Hey guys, been a many years since I've posted here. My antenna system has been working great for all these years thanks to you guys, that is up until now.

9/6/19 was rescan day for one of the main channels I use, WSB, channel 2 out of Atlanta. It's about the only channel the TV really stays on.
Use to come in great, but not anymore. I can get it late evening, but that's it. I mostly like to catch the morning news on it, but that's out right now.
I don't know what frequency it moved to, maybe low VHF which my antennas aren't designed for, I'm not sure.

Anyone got any suggestions what I can do to get this channel back? Thanks.
samve33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-Sep-2019, 12:45 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

WSB is currently operating at reduced capability (about 1/3rd of the power of their full license) from an alternate site while their permanent channel 32 facility is completed.

You'll probably just have to wait it out and watch something else in the meantime. It's likely going to be months of waiting, check with the station for updates.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-Sep-2019, 1:00 PM   #3
samve33

Thanks, that explains that then.
Guess I'll have to work around it for now. Hope they'll get it worked out soon.
Thanks much for the information.
Old 8-Sep-2019, 8:01 PM   #4
ADTech

It depends on your definition of "soon". It may be yet this fall, it may be next year.

Keep in touch with the station.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Old 9-Sep-2019, 4:55 AM   #5
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
WSB is currently operating at reduced capability (about 1/3rd of the power of their full license) from an alternate site while their permanent channel 32 facility is completed.
Wow! I don't know where their alternate site is but I am getting a super signal from them now compared to a month ago. WSB has always been borderline in the past. I wish they would stay where they are at!
Old 9-Sep-2019, 12:52 PM   #6
samve33

I did have WSB for a little while this morning, but it faded out a little after 7am.
I have found a workaround. There's a WSB Roku app I can use for their news and then switch to a chattanoga station for the rest of ABC's programming, so I should be OK.
Old 9-Sep-2019, 1:45 PM   #7
ADTech

Quote:
I don't know where their alternate site is
Temporary facility https://www.rabbitears.info/contour....d470939&site=1

Permanent facility, once completed: https://www.rabbitears.info/contour....4b40b13&site=1

Quote:
so I should be OK.
Making the best of an annoying situation, for sure!

Old 9-Sep-2019, 10:02 PM   #8
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Well, that explains why I am getting such a good signal now...they are using the same tower as many of the other Atlanta TV stations that I get so well. When they go back to the previous tower, the signal will be two edge instead of 1 edge. Guess I will enjoy them while I can.
Old 18-Oct-2019, 12:22 PM   #9
samve33

Appears WSB is making progress with the new transmitter. They showed a video of a helicopter mounting their new antenna on top of the new tower. Over 900 feet high with 3 or 4 guys waiting at the top to bolt it down. One of those guys sure isn't me, no way!
They're claiming their new signal will be better than before, as long as I get what I had back I'll be happy.
Hopefully it won't be much longer now before they have it operating.
Old 18-Oct-2019, 8:31 PM   #10
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by samve33 View Post
Appears WSB is making progress with the new transmitter. They showed a video of a helicopter mounting their new antenna on top of the new tower. Over 900 feet high with 3 or 4 guys waiting at the top to bolt it down. One of those guys sure isn't me, no way!
They're claiming their new signal will be better than before, as long as I get what I had back I'll be happy.
Hopefully it won't be much longer now before they have it operating.
When they swapped to the temporary tower, the signal here went from marginal to great. Hopefully when they move to the new antenna at the original tower location we'll all be able to get a great signal.