Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 16-Apr-2010, 4:17 PM   #21
Tower Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2fzq View Post
I appreciate your help.
Thanks.
That scheme did the job for interference reduction, but was easier than my solution. You're right, the UHF signal strength off the front may have dropped ever so slightly.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Apr-2010, 11:21 AM   #22
kb2fzq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Guy View Post
That scheme did the job for interference reduction, but was easier than my solution. You're right, the UHF signal strength off the front may have dropped ever so slightly.
Well, as I've mentioned before, I keep a record of the SS of all my receivable stations. I have seen no significant loss of SS from any of the Albany stations, RF 6 is even still banging in here, even with the drop in height. And, of course, WNYA solid with one less antenna is a gain in my eyes and also, of course, the addition of RF 18, which was the goal in the first place. The only difference was the DX stations....I probably lost 5% SS on both, WPTZ down 5% to 72% SS and WCAX down 5% to 64%....easily, one can see that this trade-off was well worth the experiment and change. The only problem is that weeping willow tree to my north, the leaves are bulking up and it gets very dense when the leaves are completely open, we will see if it represents an issue in the summer.
I just want to thank you again, chief, this was a stroke of genius!
kb2fzq is offline   Reply With Quote