TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 25-Sep-2013, 9:01 PM   #1
elecpac

Antenna for Benicia California

Here is my report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae04d4eab652

I will have about 30 feet of coax then one splitter to feed another 50 feet of coax to 2 TVs. There are some pine trees in my neighbors yard that will probably be in my path. I am hoping to receive the 4 networks and a PBS station. I would prefer a compact antenna such as RCA ANT751 if possible, but understand if more metal is required for my situation.

It looks like a wash to me whether to point in the 217 deg or 70 deg direction, but would appreciate direction on that as well, so to speak.

I would appreciate any help.
elecpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Sep-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

Given that the obstructing terrain is closer to you in the San Fransisco direction, I suspect you would find it easier to go for the Sacramento market. This is a rare case where I would consider using a rotator, especially if the antenna was mounted in a way that makes aim adjustments challenging.

An ANT-751 would get some reception but I don't think it's not enough antenna. I think you would have problems with reception reliability on many channels. You need to consider going to the Winegard HD7698P. An RCA TVPRAMP1R preamp would be a good option.

I have no shame using the Antennas Direct 91XG and Antennacraft Y10713 in conditions with significantly better signal conditions.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-Sep-2013, 2:47 AM   #3
elecpac

Thanks for the very specific response.

If I could ask some newbie followup, what makes that specific antenna a good choice among the overwhelming number of seemingly similar models?
Also, what is a good brand of splitter?

Thanks for all the help.
elecpac is offline   Reply With Quote