TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 3-May-2011, 8:26 PM   #1
crickey7115

vacation home antenna choice

hello all,

I cut the cord on my own home last year and went with the 91XG thanks to reviews and learned a lot from this website. Now I am looking to upgrade our antenna at my inlaws vaction home. We have an old yagi style antenna on a 15' pole (single story house) there and it is falling to pieces. I could probably repair it but I think a new antenna would bring in a better signal and hopfully a few more channels. Here is my report for the location.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8d17a4645f052a

I would really like to increase the number of channels we can pull in but I am not sure the 91xg would be best because of all the different directions. Would something like the DB8 be a good option? Also the vaction home is up in Minnesota so I am worried the 91xg wouldn't hold up well through the winter.
crickey7115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-May-2011, 9:18 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

The DB-8 and it's competitors will fair better in the harsh winters of MN. It will need to be on a rotator to cover the widely scattered stations though.

KCCO and KCCW will need a high VHF antenna such as the Winegard YA-1713 or Antennacraft Y10713.

The strong signal from the PBS affiliate calls for a preamp with moderate to high input capability, such as the Antennacraft 10G221.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 4-May-2011 at 1:50 AM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-May-2011, 1:00 AM   #3
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

I suggest a Winegard HD7698P antenna and a HDP269 preamp , mounted on a CM 9521A rotor. The 3 directions the Tv stations are at , 360 , 93 , 215 , degrees magnetic compass. The networks that will be received are , PBS , CBS , FOX , MyNetwork , ABC.

Last edited by John Candle; 4-May-2011 at 1:04 AM.
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-May-2011, 5:41 PM   #4
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

A variation of the reception setup is. A 91GX mounted on the rotor , (the 91XG will have less wind resistance then the DB8). and the YA 1713 mounted on the mast with a fixed position of about 215 magnetic compass - KCCO 7 CBS. KCCO and KCCW are both CBS and have the same programing , KCCO has the stronger signal. The 10G221 preamp is connected to both antennas.

Last edited by John Candle; 9-May-2011 at 3:45 AM.
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote