TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 26-Sep-2014, 5:16 PM   #1
sparksanthony

Help with reception in Roanoke, VA

Hello all. New to the board. Might be too little or too late (as I have sent the antenna back)...but for future reference, I will still ask.

I purchased a RCA751 antenna, mounted it about 11-12 feet up on my eve (on an existing DirecTV mount). I did not use a pre-amp of any sort. I am pretty much unable to get any signal from the UHF stations (Fox-WFXR, NBC-WSLS, and CBS-WDBJ). I had an OK signal from the VHF stations, about 55-60% (WSET-ABC and WWCW-CW) before moving the antenna. I was not able to get those signals back. I pointed my antenna using the compass settings provided from my TVFool report. I also used an amplifier in my basement to amplify the antenna signal, before distributing to the coax cable connections in the rooms.

I am on the backside of a small mountain that is between my home and the Poor Mountain transmitters that are about 15 miles away. I do not have line of sight to this mountain. I have provided the TVFool SA report. The Google Earth torrent for these stations show my location in the dark purple/blue area.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d2433a01386101

Any hope for me getting these stations? If so, any suggestions on antenna type, mounting, etc.???

Last edited by sparksanthony; 26-Sep-2014 at 5:21 PM.
sparksanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Sep-2014, 10:28 PM   #2
sparksanthony

Bump...

Anyone??? Anyone??
sparksanthony is offline   Reply With Quote