TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 24-Feb-2013, 6:10 AM   #1
Psdstu

WJHG VHF or UHF

I am real confused on whether or not WJHG is a VHF or UHF station. Some places say VHF others UHF, some have the station has Virtual 7, others 18?

I can pick it up on both a VHF and UHF antenna, but it is a a stronger signal on VHF.

Then you get into WECP which is also Virtual Channel 18 and a UHF channel.

I'm really confused?
Psdstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Feb-2013, 7:58 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

TV Fool is showing the CP facilty rather than the LIC facility

First, antennas have no awareness of virtual channels. So let's talk exclusively about the real channels.

Per http://www.rabbitears.info/market.ph...n=WJHG#station & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WJHG-TV, WJHG is broadcast on real channel 7 (High-VHF). The rabbitears.info data also indicates a construction permit for a facility to operate on real channel 18. I suspect the TV Fools automated process that parses data from the FCC database has picked the CP facility rather than the LIC facility in the case of WJHG. Ooops!

WECP is licensed to operate on real CH-18... so until they shut down or move to another channel, I don't see how WJHG can act on the construction permit issued by the FCC.

I've posted in the database forum... hopefully this will be corrected soon.

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 24-Feb-2013 at 8:04 AM. Reason: posted in database update forum
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Feb-2013, 5:09 PM   #3
teleview

I see that WJHG is transmitting on Vhf high band channel 7 now and has a construction permit for Uhf channel 18.

http://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?call=WJHG.

And Yes if licensed for more then one channel , Tv stations can continue transmit on different channels at the same time , and many do.

The whole process of what Tv stations is/are going to transmit on what channel is , now days , ongoing.

The whole process of recored and information keeping and processing is on going and takes time for any -->'final??'<-- information to wind it's way through.

The best way to find out what the current and future situations are , is call the Tv station and ask for the engineering department.

I chat with the engineering department of Tv stations , most are more then willing to provide lot's and lot's of information.

Last edited by teleview; 24-Feb-2013 at 5:35 PM.
Old 25-Feb-2013, 5:08 AM   #4
Psdstu

Thank You both for your information!
Psdstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Feb-2013, 6:39 PM   #5
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
I suspect the TV Fools automated process that parses data from the FCC database has picked the CP facility rather than the LIC facility in the case of WJHG. Ooops!

WECP is licensed to operate on real CH-18... so until they shut down or move to another channel, I don't see how WJHG can act on the construction permit issued by the FCC.
Same company (Gray) owns both. The LD facility is a stop-gap measure to give them time to build the 1,000,000 watt facility.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Feb-2013, 8:29 PM   #6
GroundUrMast

Ah..., thanks for the insight.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote