TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 23-Feb-2015, 1:26 AM   #1
curious_dave

Possible Reasons for Poor Reception

Hey all,

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Here's the analysis: Check it out.

We have an old school, best as I can tell being new to this, yagi antenna that was mounted to the house before we moved in, probably about 12-15 feet high. After noticing that most of our channels are coming from the same direction (about 220), I turned the antenna in that direction and now receive most of the channels, except for two specific ones, one of which I was seeking out in the first place.

We get no reception on (real) channels 26 and 43, and intermittent reception on channel 29.

I'm having a lot of fun learning about antennas as I've been trying to figure out why these specific channels won't come in, but I honestly don't know where to begin with these, so any insight you guys might have into this situation would be greatly appreciated. I'm open to any ideas, including adjust our current set-up, adding to our current set-up, or even something in the DIY field.

Thanks,

Dave
curious_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Feb-2015, 8:18 AM   #2
signals unlimited

PA. DTV reception

If you can post a picture of the antenna that you are using we can evaluate and recommend changes or repairs.
signals unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Mar-2015, 3:54 PM   #3
curious_dave

Here's A Photo.

Sorry for the delay everyone. I was on a work bender that sent me to work and had me come home while it was dark outside.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this.

Old 5-Mar-2015, 4:18 PM   #4
signals unlimited

No yagi there. It,s an all channel VHF Log/UHF corner reflector. A little outdated but it is quite capable of receiving all of the channels in your 220 aim. I would look closely at the driven element where the Matching transformer
connects. If you have a problem there, remove, clean and replace the MT and the connector. The antenna is very directional so be sure of your aim.
signals unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Mar-2015, 4:20 PM   #5
curious_dave

Thanks

I appreciate the prompt reply. I'll get up there and take a look once I have sunlight and no rain.