TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Enthusiast's Exchange

Notices

Old 24-Feb-2014, 9:35 PM   #1
Ustauk

Windows ATSC PVR/DVR Software With Resolution Switching

I have a KWorld USB ATSC tuner that I'd like to use with my main computer and an antenna in concert with PVR software.

I've tried a couple of different kinds of PVR software, but so far none have allowed me to change the recording resolution.

My Pivos Xios android media player does not like low compression 1080i MPEG2 video, skipping, freezing, losing audio, and having the audio go out of sink.

I know I could re-encode the files, but I'd rather not have to do that. Does anyone know of Windows PVR/DVR software that allows you to change the resolution the video is recorded at and/or allows you to encode in Mpeg4/ H.264?

Alternatively, does anyone know of a software that will automatically convert the recorded programs, once the files appear in the directory, to MPEG4/H.264?

Thanks!
Ustauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Feb-2014, 10:06 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

VLC is the 'Swiss Army Knife' of video software. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Many folks may only use it's play back functionality, but it's a capable trans-coder and streaming server as well.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Feb-2014, 2:43 PM   #3
Ustauk

Member mdavej over at AVS Forum recommended a program called MCEBuddy, which monitors a folder and can automatically convert to a format of your choice. I'm converting to high quality 720p MKV, which seems to play fine on the Xios.
Ustauk is offline   Reply With Quote