TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 23-Jul-2011, 4:55 AM   #1
PaulJiv

Pre purchase help Comcast has to go

Well I have done a little research and need a bit of advise. I will be mounting antenna above garage attic about 14 feet above street level. Roof is wood/asphalt shingles. Cable run goes into basement about 30 feet then cable to main tv less than 20 feet. This is the only tv that I really care about as I have netflix, hulu in bedroom so not really a concern. I may try to split the signal if it works but if not no big deal.

I went to a local TV shop and the guy there was going to sell me a bow tie antenna similar to the Antennas Direct DB2 but more money about double of online price. When I first started reading I was looking at one of the larger VHF/UHF antenna's I understand now that I don't need anything like this. So I have narrowed it down to a few.

If you were going to purchase an antenna and were looking at the Antennas Direct DB4, or DB8 or similar. I was basing this on the local TV Shop recommendation of a multi directional antenna. I wanted something a bit bigger to possibly help catch some signal when there is some snow on the roof. After looking at the antenna lineup I started looking at the 91XG. Appears the channels that I watch are pretty much lined up. CBS, ABC, FOX are the main ones.

As the expert or more educated in this area than I am. What would you do if you were installing in your home. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you can offer.

Here is the link to my exact address tvfool info
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...03f377a6354714
PaulJiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Jul-2011, 7:01 AM   #2
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

This is a double post , go to the other post.
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote