TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Special Forums > TV Fool Discussion / Database Updates

Notices

Old 30-Dec-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
quazysonar

missing CBET-DT in Detroit

CBC Windsor is picked up by many parts of metro Detroit. I have personally been on a mission to receive it over-the-air as I do not have cable. I am able to pick it up but am having some issues that I think I might be able to solve by changing some cables, possibly adding an amplifier, etc. However, I would love TVfool to tell me about what strength the incoming signal is. I went to the online tool and was shocked to see that the tool on the site doesn't show CBC at all as a station that I should be picking up based on my address. Having said that, I am not too far from the broadcast and am well within the cyan range of the googlemap associated with this station. Can you add this station to your tool please?

Thanks!
quazysonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-Dec-2013, 12:53 AM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Click on the "Pending" button and it will appear.

CBET transmits on VHF channel 9 from a short (600') tower about 13 miles south southeast of downtown Detroit.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 31-Dec-2013 at 12:57 AM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Jan-2014, 2:14 PM   #3
kach22i

CBET-DT (Channel 9 - Canada) is 152 miles from my home in Ann Arbor (according to my TV-Fool print out), the farthest station of the 50 I'm picking up. This is almost double the stations I was getting with Comcast's basic package.

The Ch-9 station only comes in clear early morning before the airwaves become all cluttered up.

I recently read on the Internet that someone outside of Ann Arbor located at a high elevation was getting Channel 9 intermittently.

My home is in a very low area, and my HD Stacker antenna came with a pathetically short 5-foot post which barely clears the roof peak.

However, I'm delighted with the improved image and especially the improved sound which this antenna set up provides.

Last edited by kach22i; 5-Jan-2014 at 2:17 PM.
kach22i is offline   Reply With Quote