TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 25-Sep-2014, 2:28 AM   #1
atomgiant

Antenna Recommendations

Hi there,

I'm looking for some help determining my best antenna setup. Here is my TV Fool report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d2436d59b1aaba

I'm currently using a coat hanger antenna and receive all of the greens and nbc 17 in yellow. The reception is spotty though and requires repositioning the antenna so I'm looking for a more reliable setup.

My house faces NW and the current external cable hookups (where it would be easiest to install an outdoor antenna) are located on the SW side of my house. There is a wood burning fireplace chimney on that side as well; I saw some pics here of a chimney mounted antenna so not sure if that is an option.

Thanks for your help,
Tom
atomgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Sep-2014, 2:37 AM   #2
atomgiant

Hey there,

Any general antenna recommendations would be appreciated. If I left out anything useful please let me know.

I don't really know much / anything about outdoor antennas and am looking for recommendations on antenna type based on my setup.

I am mostly interested in the Green channels and NBC 17 (yellow). I can get all of them off of a coat-hanger antenna currently, but sometimes I need to move it around and it cuts out occasionally.

Also, I am planning on using my existing cable wiring inside the house for a total of two TVs.

Thanks for your help.

Tom
atomgiant is offline   Reply With Quote