TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 24-Jan-2013, 5:43 PM   #1
Harrier

No signal strength meter on TV

I have a Sharp Aquos and a Samsung LED, neither of which seem to have signal strength meters in their setup menus (grumble).

Any recommendations on signal strength measurement? I have been moving the antenna then doing a channel scan, but it is brutally slow.
Harrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Jan-2013, 6:27 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

The least expensive option I can think of is the SiliconDust HDHR3-US. I see it advertised on Amazon for roughly $84. To use it, you'll need to have a PC and an available Ethernet port on your router/switch. http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=820

When you install the configuration utility provided with the devise, you are able to tune to any channel and monitor signal strength and quality in real time.

The devise also allows you to watch and/or record TV on your PC. It has two independent tuners built in, so you can share the devise with other PCs on your home network.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Jan-2013, 8:10 PM   #3
teleview

As showing in the original thread , the LC42D62U Tv's owners manual is showing a signal strength meter.

And the LC42D62U also has a Digital Broadcast ATSC tuner.

What is the model number of the other Tv and we will look that one up also.
Old 24-Jan-2013, 8:53 PM   #4
be236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I have a Sharp Aquos and a Samsung LED, neither of which seem to have signal strength meters in their setup menus (grumble).

Any recommendations on signal strength measurement? I have been moving the antenna then doing a channel scan, but it is brutally slow.
Actually, Samsung LED TV does have a signal meter.. You have to go into its menu system (bottom option I think) and there's a diagnostics/info option that shows "signal strength" for your currently viewed channel in a bar graph (similar to phone signal meters).
be236 is offline   Reply With Quote