TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 13-Jul-2013, 4:10 PM   #1
dizzle

New Guy Needs Help

Hello All - I am new to this site and have several questions regarding getting an antenna.

1. What is the best antenna for an attic or outside installation? I have read the reviews and cannot decide. I live outside of Denver and have plenty of broadcast avaliability within 20-75 miles.

2. I currently have cable internet, tv and phone. I need to keep the phone and internet. Can I install the antenna ouside and hookup to the Dmark box that the cable terminates into? I believe the phone and internet have filters on them for that service.

3. Do I need an amplifier?

4. Any other help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

Mike
dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Jul-2013, 5:26 PM   #2
teleview

So that Practical and Useful information can be provided for your reception situation.

As the other question askers do, provide a tvfool radar plot report and channel list.

Use your Exact address to make the report.

Make the antenna height in the report 25 feet above ground.

25 feet antenna height above ground is a reference antenna height that is used to get a good idea of what Tv stations/channels are available to receive.

Last edited by teleview; 13-Jul-2013 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.
Old 16-Jul-2013, 7:19 PM   #3
dizzle

Thanks for your quick response attached is the radar plot and channel list.

Thanks,Radar-All.png
dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jul-2013, 9:28 PM   #4
teleview

Based on a 'Picture' of the tvfool report that is not a live and active tvfool report like the other question askers post because a live and active report is better for evaluation.

The Digital Broadcast Tv transmission and reception is strong signal strength at your location.

Above the Roof in such a manner that the roof and house are not impeding and blocking reception to the , South , South West , West , North West , North , East.

Install a ANT751 antenna aimed at about 213 degree magnetic compass direction.

Here is how to aim antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html.

Buy the ANT751 antenna at.

Sometimes HomeDepot or Lowes will have the ANT751 antenna in the store , no matter what the web sites say.

http://www.solidsignal.com.

http://www.amazon.com.

Filters or no filters.

Cable Tv , Cable internet , Cable phone , or any other type or kind of cable delivered services --> Must Be on Separate coax.

Yes the coaxes that are in/on the house can be used for the antenna system.

Yes the connections for the antenna system can be made in/at the D-Marcation box and Yes connections for the antenna system can be made at other locations.

However , active cable Tv services , be it , cable Tv , cable internet , cable phone , or any other type or kind of active cable delivered service Must Be on Separate Coax.

Not Connected to the antenna and antenna system coaxes.

The reception signal strength is strong at your location.

A antenna system amplifier Is Not required.

For 1 Tv connected use No splitter.

For 2 Tv's connected use a simple common 2 way splitter.

For 3 Tv's connected use a simple common 3 way splitter.

For 4 Tv's connected use a simple common 4 way splitter.

As always , trees and tree leaves , plants and plant leaves , have a Negative effect on broadcast Tv reception and so do buildings and other obstructions including your own roof and house and other obstructions.

The Best Practice is to install the ANT751 antenna at a location that has the least amount to no amount of obstructions to reception of any type or kind in the directions of reception.

The Tv/s Must Channel Scan for the , OTA=Over The AIR , Digital Broadcast Tv stations/channels , often named the , 'Air Channels' or 'Antenna Channels' in the Tv Setup Menu because the Tv transmissions travel through the Air from the transmitting antenna to the receiving antenna.

Some Digital Tv's will Automatic channel scan for cable tv channels.

DO NOT channel scan for cable tv channels.

Go into the Tv Setup Menu and select , 'Air Channels' ~ 'Antenna Channels'.

Scan for channels.