TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 27-Jun-2016, 1:17 PM   #1
Nascarken
Banned

Low vhf tv antenna

We'll I am looking for , a low band VHF outdoor tv antennas. For DXing hobby but nobody is making, a low VHF or high VHF. Antennas no more it's a shame that. the F c c is back to LOW VHF, and no one is making a low band VHF outdoor tv antennas, And now we have LOW VHF COMMERCIAL TELEVISION .S, so I called antennas Direct and asked, if they are going to make a low band VHF. Antenna. And they told me no,well sence they made the 91XG that receives o's m I thought they wood make one ,with the boom length of 180,inches long, In A Low&High,vhf,tv ANTENNA, enny suggestions where to buy one or make one,

Last edited by Nascarken; 27-Jun-2016 at 5:32 PM.
Nascarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Jun-2016, 5:00 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Most of what you posted, I can't figure out....

However, we used to carry a low-VHF antenna but almost no one ever bought them so we liquidated the remaining inventory. We sold about 20 a year, not even enough to pay for the warehousing expenses.

Low VHF never went away, there are about 40 full power stations in the WHOLE COUNTRY that stayed on low-V.

Can't stay in business trying to sell something that no one wants to buy. Neither Channel Master nor Winegard bother anymore, either.

You can still buy conventional, all-channel antennas. That's your best choice if you need something out of a box that includes low-V.

We, of course, continue to offer our ClearStream 5 which is designed for high VHF 7-13.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Jun-2016, 5:16 PM   #3
Nascarken
Banned

We'll that's what I expected that a Teck wood say from antennas Direct, when I called the low vhf antennas that you sell don't cut the distance or the. GAIN. For DXing hobby that's why they. Did Not. Sell. Looking for low. And. Hi Vhf. With. A. Boom Length. OF. 180 Inches long!!!!!
Nascarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Jun-2016, 6:50 PM   #4
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Good luck, you won't find one in North America to buy, you'll have to make it yourself.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-Jul-2016, 4:36 PM   #5
Billiam

BTW. Check eBay from time to time for new VHF lo antennas. I bought a Antennacraft VHF Lo antenna a little over a year ago there. Good price. Antenna was in good shape.

I think Blonder Tongue still makes a antenna that covers VHF lo channels. Not cheap but if you have to have one, they still might make them.

After the UHF band is shrunk even further don't be surprised if a number of stations migrate back to the VHF TV bands. If that happens then some new VHF lo antennas will likely be manufactured.
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote