TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Special Topics > Antennas

Notices

Old 18-Jul-2014, 6:59 PM   #1
pips

stacking antennas two in series, two in parallel

ok so i have built a few antennas db4 db8 sbgh ect im not really a genius on the whole ohm watt gain ect end.i am more the builder then the engineer so i come to u guys for help.i wanna build a db16 possible 8 one way 8 another or one array pointing in one direction.i have some expierience with car speakers and wiring to drop the ohm ect.i came across this wiring spec it is though that wiring the db16 this way will produce the 300 ohm.
i know the more antennas i connect it changes things so will this wiring actually produce the correct 300 ohm.
http://www.hdtvprimer.com/antennas/ganging.html
thanks for any help.and for having me.
pips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Jul-2014, 9:32 PM   #2
pips

ok wife wants me to add to the question.she asked if it would be better to use this wiring pattern with the sbgh antenna as we have one hooked to my sons tv that currently is landing 21 stations.she likes that antenna better not really sure why.being that this is tvfool forum here are our results on 15 foot tower.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c63e6d59571f
Old 21-Jul-2014, 1:52 PM   #3
pips

70 views and no response must mean so one has tried it
Old 21-Jul-2014, 2:56 PM   #4
Stereocraig

I'm not sure what you'd gain, (NPI) if were you to use that S/P config.
Not to mention all the hassle of maintaining proper spacing and intersecting of all of those phasing lines.

I'm also not the type that tries to discourage people from experimenting, if they're so inclined.
Stereocraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-Jul-2014, 6:48 PM   #5
pips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereocraig View Post
I'm not sure what you'd gain, (NPI) if were you to use that S/P config.
Not to mention all the hassle of maintaining proper spacing and intersecting of all of those phasing lines.

I'm also not the type that tries to discourage people from experimenting, if they're so inclined.
waiting for twin lead to get here to try it.i guess its not really outta need as a sbgh without reflector brings in 21hd stations nicely all day.i have 2 dbgh both are reflectorless i wanna wire this way.if the gain climbs enough ill get all the stations i want. i saw an antenna company is producing exactly what i wanna build.antenna craft mabey?????not sure anyways just like to see what it can do and if it doesnt work ill split the 2 dbgh and point one northwest and the other southeast and put reflectors on both and use a switch box inside to use one or another.
guys never leave tvfool open on your computer the wife saw ion station on it and now she wants it.70 miles away through some trees makes it a pain lol.
i was givin a 40 foot tower now i gotta get it down and to my house lol