TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 7-May-2016, 10:55 PM   #1
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Request for antenna mounting advice by would-be poster stuck in limbo

bobsgarage has been waiting for over two months to be able to post on this forum. I have been able to answer some reception questions for him by PM, but I don't have the experience to give him good answers about his antenna mounting problem. He asked me to post his question in the open forum to receive advice from members with the proper experience.

Bob lives in Zion, IL midway between Milwaukee and Chicago and wants to receive signals from both cities but doesn't want to use his rotator except for fine adjustments. He realizes that combining the two antennas doesn't always work and for now is considering separate coax lines. He also understands that it is possible to remove the reflector from a UHF bowtie antenna to make it bi-directional for both cities with some limitations.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...51346a60b4196b

His main concern now is safe mounting of his antennas in the land of the "Windy City."

He presently has a HDB91X UHF antenna at the top of the mast aimed at Milwaukee, and a Radio Shack VU-210XR VHF/UHF antenna below it aimed at Chicago, depending on rotator aim.

He is surrounded by tall trees and is trying to raise his antennas high enough to clear them. He made a video with the camera creatively mounted on a 20 ft pole to take photos at antenna height. I made two stills from the video. The first is the UHF antenna aimed at Milwaukee:

the second is the RS antenna aimed at Chicago, which has the stronger signals:

Bob's PM:

Be sure to look at video #3; there is a LOT of antenna movement in the wind. The music is wind chimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsgarage
Good Morning,

Funny, Still not approved for posting on TVFool.

I have some concerns.

This morning we are having high winds. The weather says 22 MPH winds, 53 MPH gusts and since I don't anemometer, I have to believe it.

I feel that before I add any more antennas or raise the mast, I will have to go heavier on the antenna mast pipe or sleeve it.

Here's some more award winning Video. The wind noise is a little irritating, especially the ones from standing on my rooftop. At one time, it felt unsafe, even just with a small video camera. "Now, that was a gust":

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fj1n50vsa8...20002.MTS?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aemgkbyza1...20006.MTS?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8j8ou64hij...20007.MTS?dl=0

Also, I could go closer to the top with my guyed thrust bearing and/or add another guyed bearing under.

Is there any effect on reception with guy wires? Mine are 3/16".

I am going to revamp the whole antenna arrangement and make it more wind worthy.

How wind worthy is the CM-4228HD compared to the longer yagi types like the HD7698P ?

All suggestions treated seriously.

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bobsgarageTVFmap.JPG (59.4 KB, 4882 views)
File Type: jpg BobTVF2Ants_1.jpg (215.1 KB, 4118 views)
File Type: jpg bobsgarageTVF91atMil_1.jpg (53.4 KB, 3533 views)
File Type: jpg bobsgarageTVFRSatChicago_1.jpg (87.6 KB, 3493 views)

Last edited by rabbit73; 8-May-2016 at 11:38 AM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7-May-2016, 11:28 PM   #2
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:

If you would post that on the forum for me, great, I'd appreciate it.

The question about the two antennas CM4228HD vs HD7698P was more about wind worthiness. Since the CM4228 can receive VHF Hi (either intentionally or not, some say it does), I thought I could choose between the two.

Also, I will raise the guyed bearing ASAP, but want to have my antenna choices by then. I will order Tuesday. Not procrastinating, just collecting info.

Thanks, Bob
The original CM4228 could pick up some VHF signals because it used a VHF/UHF ferrite core balun, but the new 4228HD doesn't do well with VHF-High channels because it uses a printed circuit board balun.
Old 11-May-2016, 9:43 AM   #3
Stereocraig

Hi Bob,
By any chance, do you own that funny car?
Your TVF looks to be about 8 miles south of me and w/in 1 or 2 degrees in both directions.

3/16" cable may be a bit overkill, but if you have it readily available, why not?
I always recommend trying to hit a rafter w/ at least one of the tripod feet and drill a pilot because those lag bolts can snap.
Underneath the remaining feet, you could also run lengths of 2X4 to act as load spreaders. Again, use pilot holes.
Stereocraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-May-2016, 2:56 PM   #4
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
I have been so busy, here's an update:

I had been looking at the Kitz pre-amps and the KT-200 looks good to me. It seems to be a pain though, at twice the price of a LNA -200 and the need to make a waterproof box. Just one question on amps though.

Budget being what it is, since I already have a Winegard LNA-200 which is fairly low in noise (1dB) would my LNA-200 be OK?

I know the noise not as low as the KT-200's .4 dB, but is it worth the $50 difference in my case?

I received a 91XG and two Stellar Labs 30-2476 VHF antennas. I liked the price on the 30-2476 and since there are no other VHF antennas out there I got 2.

Subnote--I thought one day I may combine the 2 VHF, for fun... What would be involved to make the 3 work (two VHF and one UHF) together? Maybe not worth the trouble?

IN any case, I will most likely stick with my latest plan, keep smaller sized antennas (outlined below) for reduced wind load and rotate them. This is really critical. If I see that the "south" system looks stable up on the mast, I could add to it.

1) I will have another tripod "north array" for Milwaukee and I have the HDB91X that I will join with the 2nd 30-2476 using a UVSJ.

2a) Sleeve my 1 3/8" antenna mast with 1" SCH 40 galvanized water pipe, through bolt it on a few places, raise the guyed thrust bearing to just under the VHF antenna. This should eliminate the twist seen in the videos.

2b) I also have a guy wire collar to support the lower mast if needed.

3) Install the XG91 at the top with the 30-2476 under by just a couple of feet so the unsupported mast is only a few feet over the guyed bearing. ("south array")
BTW, I designed a heavier duty thrust bearing for joining both masts. It is over kill, but I plan to leave it up a long time, I'll send pics later, it is done, just waiting for the cold galvanizing to set up.

For now, I bought a UVSJ and will join the VHF and UHF.

3) I want to join the "north" and "south" antenna at the Winegard CC-7870 combiner. Here's my dilemma. I will have a fairly long run of RG-6 down the "south" "tall mast" probably 40+ feet.

If I join the "north" (probably 20 feet up) array with the "south" will the difference in cable runs mess things up? Will it even work?

My alternative is just to use input 1 & 2 on the TV.

Let me know what you think as time permits. Can't do anything this weekend, high winds and no time.

Thanks, Bob
Hi, Bob:

I thought more people would comment on your problem if I posted it.

Your project is getting so complicated it is making my head spin. I prefer a simple system; more reliable and easier for a non-tech person to use.

I don't think you need a preamp for the stronger signals from the south, but you can try the preamp with the north signals.

Using a combiner doesn't always work; you just have to try it.
Old 15-May-2016, 3:19 PM   #5
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
I agree, simple is better, and complication has set in.

Most it came about due to:

a) Windload. I didn't know what the windload would be on two 165" Winegards, and the profile on the UHF & VHF appears much smaller to me.

b) Not trusting the HDB91x, side by side, the 91 XG is much sturdier. Putting that HDB high on a mast and having the Balun break again or having a bird bend a director would be aggravating to service.

c) Availability of another tripod and mast system in excellent condition.

Short of contacting a wind load engineer I have come up on a dead-end of mast suggestions, so I will wing it, conservative to a point. I feel the two smaller antennas can be observed on a high wind day and make decisions based on that.

One member, "Stereocraig" did respond to your Antenna mounting advice question, I think more so because he has seen my racecar in front of the shop and is familiar with our locality. He thought 3/16 guy wires were overkill but good and had good suggestions on tripod and predrilling.

I did good by him with predrilling and although I could not hit the rafters, I put 2x12" planks between them and through bolted the 1/2" eye bolts, and 4 guy wires instead of the usual 3.

I did send him a private message with some supplemental info a week ago. No reply yet.

At any rate, my project has evolved and some might think unmanageable (sometimes I do).

Experimenting is cool, but making it all work above the trees does make it unmanageable to an extent, which is why I want to take my time, spend money to make it safe first. I haven't achieved even that yet (videos).

Thus all the questions.

Thanks for taking the questioning load on this one, as you know the forum is broken with no one administrating. I have thought about joining the AVS forums, I think I saw you there also, but just didn't join yet.

I could draft up a plan, for others to understand but I'm not efficient with the drawing programs I have.

If you want to submit a post about what I want to do, and add it to what you did already, feel free. That's probably a good idea, because I am looking at it from the inside and overthinking it, one of my quirks.

Thanks, Bob
I will post it on the forum. Maybe you will receive some more helpful advice from other members.

Posting your problem on AVS would be a good idea; they don't have a shortage of moderators.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/25-hdtv-technical/

One problem with AVS is that they loaded the site with so many ads, it takes a long time for a post to show because the script for the ads takes priority over the posts. And it doesn't help that they switched to a new forum software that is less user friendly.

The software for this forum is much more user friendly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bob's Garage car3 .jpg (129.7 KB, 1043 views)
File Type: jpg Bob's Garage car4.JPG (71.3 KB, 1034 views)
File Type: jpg Bob's Garage car5.JPG (101.1 KB, 1061 views)

Last edited by rabbit73; 15-May-2016 at 7:17 PM.
Old 15-May-2016, 3:51 PM   #6
Stereocraig

I answered Bob and apologized for overlooking his PM.
Old 21-May-2016, 12:56 AM   #7
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:

Project one 95% complete...

Well, This one is just about done.

I bought a 91XG and a Stellar Labs 30-2426 and stacked them. I used an RCA PREAMP1 to combine them. Signal strength was over 82% before I raised the mast over the trees.

I am using input one on my Toshiba TV.

I also added my super duty mast thrust bearing as far up as I could get it. My light duty design is there also for test purposes.

I moved the Guyed thrust bearing much higher and sleeved the 1 3/8" Pipe with the 1" SCH40 and thru bolted them to make them work together and cut down on twist. Those modifications should make it much more stout.

Although I went a little higher, I am satisfied with my tree clearance.

Here's the new video, much longer than the other:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pa3udess4...20002.MP4?dl=0

Project # 2 will involve my HDB91X and another 30-2476. Basically all my leftover stuff. It will not be so ambitious. I will use another RCA PREAMP1R ($20 at Amazon) and combine those 2 on my old tripod.

I'll use the Input 2 on my TV. Later, I may try to combine project 1 & 2 signals (so I don't have to keep rotating). If it doesn't work I will just have to switch inputs.

I bought the 2 UVSJ's but didn't use them when I found about the RCA pre amps. I read some decent stuff on these pre-amps so I bought 2. I know they are not Kitz but probably good enough for my situation.

Thanks, Bob
Hi, Bob:

You are making a lot of progress.
Quote:
I bought a 91XG and a Stellar Labs 30-2426 and stacked them.
30-2426? You must mean 30-2476.

The mast sounds much more safe and secure.

Thanks for the new video. It's just like I'm up there with the antennas; very exciting.

Quote:
I bought the 2 UVSJ's but didn't use them when I found about the RCA pre amps. I read some decent stuff on these pre-amps so I bought 2. I know they are not Kitz but probably good enough for my situation.
The RCA preamps are inexpensive and perform well, but there have been some quality control problems. In particular, there is a problem with the separate/combined switch. When in the separate position, sometimes the switch doesn't make good contact with the VHF antenna. The fix is to switch to the combined position and use the UVSJ.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bobsgarageTVFant1.JPG (35.7 KB, 1109 views)
File Type: jpg bobsgarageTVFant2.JPG (107.0 KB, 1046 views)

Last edited by rabbit73; 21-May-2016 at 2:02 AM.
Old 21-May-2016, 8:07 PM   #8
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Thanks for posting that for me. It's a shame there is no one managing the forums.

Yes, Stellar Labs 30-2476 Hi VHF. To be honest, I stumbled upon it after searching for a VHF only antenna. Some reviews said it was well made and I have to agree. Just a foot note, I ran across some tech article, some guy was buying them and experimenting with making one antenna out of two.

Just an update, the signal increased to 88% to Chicago and 84% when rotated to Milwaukee after lifting the antenna mast 5 more feet. VHF was good also.

Truthfully though, I thought the signals would be higher, but it seems to be good enough for now.

Also, I see a lot said about signal strength, but others mention signal quality. My TV doesn't have a quality meter, how can I check that?

I wanted to set up the rotator with a compass, which I tried but I don't know how accurate I was. Although it had some sights on it, I couldn't be too sure, but it appears 355 degrees gets me Milwaukee and 166 degrees gets Chicago well. A few degrees either way seems to be just as good. Pretty happy about that.

Thanks, Bob
Quote:
Thanks for posting that for me. It's a shame there is no one managing the forums.
Yes, the forum is a valuable resource, and is getting harder to use; new members are not being approved.

I am also worried about the site. We really need tvfool reports to be able to help people with reception problems; there is no good substitute.

I wonder if anyone knows why new members are not being accepted?

What happened to GroundUrMast; is he still alive?

What happened to Andy Lee; is he still alive?

I find it hard to believe that Andy would let his "baby" die a slow death from neglect.

Quote:
Just an update, the signal increased to 88% to Chicago and 84% when rotated to Milwaukee after lifting the antenna mast 5 more feet. VHF was good also.

Truthfully though, I thought the signals would be higher, but it seems to be good enough for now.
As long as the reception doesn't have any problems, don't worry about it. It's pretty much either you get it or you don't because of the "Digital Cliff." OTA signals are constantly changing in strength; you need a Fade Margin of about 10 dB to allow for drops in signal strength. You can test to see how much margin to dropout you have by inserting a variable attenuator in the coax line to the tuner and increasing attenuation. The technique is described in the link in my signature.

If you don't have a variable attenuator, you can use a few splitters as attenuators. A 2-way for 3.5 dB, and a 4-way for 7 dB.

Quote:
Also, I see a lot said about signal strength, but others mention signal quality. My TV doesn't have a quality meter, how can I check that?
That's a good question.

Signal quality, as defined by SNR and uncorrected errors, is at least as important as signal strength, if not more so. It is possible to have a strong signal that is difficult to receive if it has poor quality. One example is when a strong VHF signal has a high noise level from electrical interference that reduces the SNR to below the 15 dB minimum required. This was so bad in Chicago that WBBM CBS had to move from real channel 2 to channel 12. The noise level on VHF-Low is worse than on VHF-High. If the current auction forces broadcasters to use VHF-Low, it will be necessary for them to increase their power for satisfactory reception.

When aiming an antenna, I first adjust for max signal strength. Then I monitor signal quality for final adjustment. Max signal quality isn't always at the same azimuth as max signal strength, usually because of multipath reflections that create a non-uniform field.

My Sony KDL22L5000 has a Diagnostics Screen that gives signal strength, SNR, and uncorrected errors.

Bad signal with picture freeze, SNR below 15 dB, and errors:

Good signal:

It is also possible to check signal quality with converter boxes or external tuners that have two signal bars, one for signal quality (the inverse of uncorrected errors), and one for signal strength, like the Apex DT502 or Centronics ZAT502HD:

You can also use the Diagnostics Screen of the TiVo Roamio that gives signal strength, SNR, and the inverse of uncorrected errors; see attachment 1.

or the SiliconDust HDHR that shows signal strength, signal quality (SNR), and symbol quality (inverse of uncorrected errors):

That image is from a thread by GroundUrMast:

An Alternative to Rotators and Antenna Combiners
http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=820

You said you had a Zenith converter box. I connected a Zenith and an Apex to a splitter and used both to aim an antenna. My tests seem to indicate that the Zenith signal bar is a combination of signal strength AND signal quality. The Apex, with a separate signal quality bar gives better resolution of changes in signal quality. See attachment 2.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TivoDiagScr (2).jpg (186.8 KB, 1027 views)
File Type: jpg Zenith SigMon_2.jpg (95.4 KB, 1051 views)

Last edited by rabbit73; 22-May-2016 at 3:02 AM.
Old 22-May-2016, 6:31 PM   #9
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:

Latitude

As unimportant as this may seem, My neighbor who claims to know much about OTA TV looked at the aiming of my antennas.

He had his own theories about aiming and provided me with the compass. When I synched my CM9521A north and south, he thought it was off by several degrees. I stated it was square with the road, he said that that was a problem because my road Michigan Blvd is not square with longitude and latitude.

Is there a way to use google earth or other mapping program to show lines of latitude or longitude?

At any rate, it appears my best reception for Chicago is really 166 Degrees and Milwaukee 355, just as TV Fool predicts.

One thing I was trying was to focus south on WRME, but even though the WRME coverage map shows me in range, it won't come in at all. I found that interesting..

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...-LP%26type%3dD

My TV Fool Report:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...51349748f48220

Thanks, Bob
Hi, Bob:

I think your neighbor might be a little jealous of your efforts. I hope he is taking into consideration the magnetic declination of 4 degrees. The Google map is oriented so that the top is True North. I added a grid to the satellite view and it looks square to me. The final authority would be a USGS topographic map of your area that might be at your local library.

I think the argument is unimportant because you are going to aim your antenna for best reception, no matter what azimuth it is. Signals are often skewed and can come in at the "wrong" azimuth.
As long as your rotator can repeat the same direction for you, that's all you need.
Quote:
One thing I was trying was to focus south on WRME, but even though the WRME coverage map shows me in range, it won't come in at all. I found that interesting..
WRME is on real channel 6, which is a VHF-Low channel. What antenna were you using, the MCM 30-2476 or the Radio Shack VU-210XR?

Also, if you are using an FM filter, it might be taking out part of channel 6.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bobsgarageMichAveGrid.JPG (87.9 KB, 3246 views)
File Type: jpg bobsgarageMichAveGrid2.JPG (85.0 KB, 1032 views)
File Type: jpg bobsgarageMichAveGrid3.JPG (94.7 KB, 998 views)
File Type: jpg TV CH6.jpg (63.4 KB, 3197 views)

Last edited by rabbit73; 22-May-2016 at 7:42 PM.
Old 22-May-2016, 7:32 PM   #10
Stereocraig

I can't receive WRME via TV either, but I get 87.7 FM fairly well, w/ a double folded dipole.
Old 22-May-2016, 10:06 PM   #11
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
I can't receive WRME via TV either, but I get 87.7 FM fairly well, w/ a double folded dipole.
I think that's all you are going to get because it is an FM station on a channel 6 TV frequency.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WRME-LP

http://metv.fm/

http://www.stationindex.com/tv/callsign/WRME-LP

http://www.robertfeder.com/2016/02/1...-high-ratings/

Last edited by rabbit73; 22-May-2016 at 10:25 PM.
Old 23-May-2016, 1:22 PM   #12
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
The final authority would be a USGS topographic map of your area that might be at your local library.
USGS topo maps are available online at http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/viewer/

The site is slooooowwwwww and some of the tools are a bit obtuse, but what to you expect from a government agency.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-May-2016, 10:59 PM   #13
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:

Thanks for the research. I feel ignorant, I had forgotten that Ch 6 is VHF low. Until recently, I didn't distinguish between bands, as my RS VU210 XR was for all... Oops!

I was referring to my new set-up the 91XG & 30-2476. No wonder!

Yesterday, I erected array #2. Since I am too meticulous to do anything fast, I didn't finish it. Also, I ran out of guy wire. The new array is 15 feet or so above the roof peak. So, about 32 feet above ground level. My old tripod, masts, RG-6 & HDB91X & 30-2476, joined by an RCA PREAMP1, to be aimed at Milwaukee. Or wherever..

Lots of pics to come (like a proud papa). I also plan to do a video above the antennas.

I have perfected the thrust bearing systems, I feel. No binding, my engineering seems good.

Just to let you know, I am still unable to see the pics you posted in TV Fool. I forgot to mention that. I get a message:

Quote:
"bobsgarage, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
I know it's a pain, but is it possible to e-mail the attachments from most recent posts?? Funny how I could see them in the PM system, but not the forums

I can follow links as long as they are not part of the attachment system in TV Fool.

Thanks, Bob
Sorry you are having trouble with the attachments in your thread.

Post #1 shows 4 images, can you see all 4?
Post #1 has 4 attachments that are duplicates of the 4 images. I assume you can not see the attachments.

Post #2 has no images or attachments
Post #3 has no images or attachments
Post #4 has no images or attachments

Post #5 has no images showing, but it has 3 attachments of your race car for Stereocraig which I assume you can't see.

Post #6 has no images or attachments

Post #7 has no images showing. It has 2 attachments of stills I made from your long project 1 video. I assume you can't see them.

Post #8 has 5 images showing
1. Noise Margin Diagram
2. Bad Sony signal
3. Good Sony signal
4. Dual signal bars
5. SiliconDust signal monitor
Can you see all 5 images in the post?
Post #8 has 2 attachments; I assume you can't see them.
1. TiVo Diagnostics Screen
2. Zenith signal bar

Post #9 had 2 images showing:
1. Aerial view of your street with grid
2. Spectrum Analyzer screen showing CH6 and FM signals
can you see them?
Post #9 has 4 attachments
1. dupe of image 1
2. another street aerial with grid
3. and another street aerial with grid; one was really enough
4. dupe of image 2

What images do you want that you aren't able to see?

Quote:
I know it's a pain, but is it possible to e-mail the attachments from most recent posts?? Funny how I could see them in the PM system, but not the forums
You could see them in the PM because I sent them to you a different way, from my image host.

Last edited by rabbit73; 23-May-2016 at 11:08 PM.
Old 25-May-2016, 3:22 AM   #14
eggman531916

I've read through most of this thread, and I gotta say, nice job bobsgarage. I thought about ordering one of those VHF-Hi antennas also for my mother's house. I'm sorry no one has approved you to post in the forums. I remember it took a long time for me to be able to do so. I hope your set up works well for you.
eggman531916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-May-2016, 9:16 PM   #15
Tower Guy

In order to see latitude and longitude as well as draw directional lines on a google map I use the web site heywhatsthat.com. Click on new panorama and enter your address. The Lat and long will be displayed below the map.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-May-2016, 2:52 PM   #16
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Posts #1,5,7,8,9 I can't see any attachments. So, if you can e-mail or Dropbox a folder with the attachments, that would be great.

BTW, Array #2 is functional, but some technical issues have to be solved. I combined array 1 & 2 and got real CH 8 (10.1) 12.1, 18.1, are clear, anything higher, no lock or UHF was spotty, quite Pixelated.

I split the signals and attached array#2 to RF Input #2. Horrible. Not getting anything from Milwaukee going into Input 2 on my TV.

Plugged array#1 into Input#2, No stations, looks like a problem with Input 2, Hmmm, when I had Cable TV on that input, it was fine. I'll revisit that later. Maybe I'll try my Zenith or Tivax tuners.

Also, I'm using my old Radio Shack rotator on array#2. I don't have the instructions any more, so I set it up how I remembered. Full sweep both ways, then go to 180 degrees South with controller and then aim antennas due south. I hope that makes sense.

However, the rotator is not making a full sweep, it appears to stop at 345 degrees instead of 360 and the other way stops at about 25 degrees instead of 1 degree. I may have to sight in the antenna to Milwaukee and tighten it down and rotate from there.

Tomorrow.

I see we have some other members joining this thread. That's great! This is how I imagined it working.
Thanks, Bob
You didn't answer my question about what images you can see in the posts. Some of the attachments are duplicates of the images in the posts because I upload them as attachments first and then add a BB code to show them in the post.

I will have to show ALL of the attachments. I wanted to avoid doing that if you can ALREADY see the image in the post.

Last edited by rabbit73; 26-May-2016 at 6:51 PM.
Old 26-May-2016, 3:24 PM   #17
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Post #1 attachments

to be continued as time permits.

Last edited by rabbit73; 26-May-2016 at 5:01 PM.
Old 26-May-2016, 4:24 PM   #18
Stereocraig

Bob,
However you orient it, you may want to set it so you can access that 355 heading from the eastern half, VS going CW all the way around. There are just more signals on the eastern side, than you could expect to receive from the western side.

You should rotate the control full CCW until it stops and then full CW, until it stops.If nothing is broken, it should now be in sync.
Don't expect a full 360 from any rotor, because there is a steel limiting pin on the main shaft.

Last edited by Stereocraig; 26-May-2016 at 7:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 26-May-2016, 5:15 PM   #19
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Post #5 attachments

to be continued as time permits
Old 26-May-2016, 5:32 PM   #20
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Post #7 attachments