TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 19-Feb-2012, 1:10 PM   #41
DEDon

Final Connections, including splitters, Completed

Today, I disconnected the temporary antenna down-lead, re-routed it into a gable vent near the antenna and through the attic, adding a preamp in that run, and out through a whole drilled into the side of the house at the other end of the attic and down the corner of the house and into the basement to the slitters. Everything worked well. In fact, with the addition of the suggested preamp, I realized an improvement in signal strength and consequently picked up three more channels that I didn't realize that I wasn't getting. Signal strength, measured on my Big Screen TV meter actually increased on most stations.
I called Comcast and discontinued TV service, all together. Thanks to everyone that contributed!
Viewsonics VSMA 601C-10R Amp
Samsung 55UH8500FXZA

Last edited by DEDon; 19-Feb-2012 at 1:12 PM. Reason: incomplete
DEDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Feb-2012, 12:09 AM   #42
Electron

Tv antennas and Tv reception

How is the reception of WPVI channel 6 , any dropouts or pixelation ?? Your post is long , what preamp did you use??

Last edited by Electron; 20-Feb-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-Feb-2012, 10:38 AM   #43
DEDon

I had two preamps from which to chose because as a result of my previous ordering spree. I used the HDP269.
Only recently, I am getting some pixelation on channel 6 but, that may change.
When I ran the down-lead cable and ran it through the attic, I didn't have another run of cable for the rotor motor so I went to a local Best Buy and purchased what turned out to be a waist of money. The cable packaging said the center was "solid" center and appeared to be copper. But, when I hooked it up, the Eagle-Aspen controller blinked and didn't transmit. I realized, immediately, that I purchased what must be copper coated steel. I ordered another cable (solid copper center), online, for half the BB price. I am awaiting arrival.
The other new preamp that I still have is AP-8700. I thought about going to the attic and changing the HDP269 to the AP8700 to see if this will correct the Channel 6 issue. Also, Channel 61 has a low signal strength. Again, I don't have control over the rotor at the moment so I need to wait-and-see, once I have rotor control.
Viewsonics VSMA 601C-10R Amp
Samsung 55UH8500FXZA
DEDon is offline   Reply With Quote