TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 24-Aug-2016, 5:42 PM   #1
back fire

Trying to get ABC 7

I have 2 outdoor antenna's on 2 different pole's 28 ft high 60 ft apart .
1 is a Esky HG-995 remote controlled HDTV.
It is pointed at 150 SE on my compass.I get Fox 5,Antenna TV and This from San Diego.The signal come's in and out at night.How do I improve on this sense it is already amplifier ?
Second antenna is a VHF Stellar Labs Model 30-2475 and trying to get ABC 7 and 13.I pick up about 26 channels pointing at MT Wilson 170 NE.No ABC.I amplifier the antenna with a WineGeard BoostXT.No ABC and I lost 10 channels.Do I need a other antenna to pick up ABC.I tried a Channel Master,Clear Stream CV 4 no luck.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e2cb19e89e7562
back fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Aug-2016, 4:13 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

The mountains between you and Mt. Wilson are going to be a challenge for any antenna.

Of the two antennas you've got, the Stellar Labs is clearly the best choice for attempting reception of real channels 7 through 13. Small UHF only antennas like the Esky would be my last choice, they simply aren't designed to receive VHF signals.

If I were trying to receive signals from Mt. Wilson, I'd be inclined to use a large combination antenna such as the Winegard HD7698P which has both UHF (real channels 14 and up) and high band VHF (real channels 7 through 13) capabilities.

Before recommending an amplifier, It would be very helpful to see an FM Fool report for your location. If you have a strong FM transmitter nearby, you may be experiencing mixing and distortion problems in your existing amplifier. There are other possibilities, such as interference from florescent or LED bulbs as well as other RF noise sources in or near your location. VHF channels are more prone to interference than the UHF simply because they are closer in frequency to many of the signals that come from noisy electronic devices.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-Aug-2016, 4:09 AM   #3
back fire

Thank you for you respond GrounUrMast.
Here is my FM fool report.
http://www.fmfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29
I don't no if the FM interrupting my TV signal's
Wow the WineGard HD 7698p is over 8ft long and 36 pound?
back fire is offline   Reply With Quote