TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 20-Apr-2012, 8:27 PM   #21
Electron

Tv antennas and Tv reception

Here is a comparison of 3 marker Tv stations. WKOW 26 , WLS 44 , WOCK 4 . The signal difference WKOW 26 from 30 feet to 50 feet is 2.5 NM(dB) . The signal difference of WLS 44 from 30 feet to 50 feet is 1.3 NM(dB) . And the signal difference of WOCK 4 from 30 feet to 50 feet is .9 NM(dB) . It has been proven over a very long period of time that a difference of signal strength or antenna gain of 1 or 2 NM(dB) is not important unless the channel Must be received no matter what the cost. Your situation I suspect is Not no matter what the cost. So a HD8200U antenna height of 30 feet up to 40 feet is Ok , and the antenna can be mounted above the roof with a roof top antenna mount. I recommend a seperate antenna mount for the HD8200U. AND Yes I am very much interested in the reception of WOCK 4. Is WOCK 4 received?? What is the signal strength?? Does the signal strength go up and down?? Any pixelation or dropouts??

Last edited by Electron; 22-Apr-2012 at 1:54 AM.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Apr-2012, 9:56 PM   #22
Electron

Tv antennas and Tv reception

tsiyon. If you choose to install a tower , here are free standing light weight aluminum layover towers that need No guy wires. Do All antenna installation , adjustments and etc. , standing on the ground. http://www.palcoelectronics.com/pe300.aspx

Last edited by Electron; 21-Apr-2012 at 6:25 AM.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote